The Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PG Dip Mgt) is a 1 year qualification that enables students with relevant work experience and appropriate qualifications to further develop their functional and reflective competencies in management, leadership and administration.
The programme aims to develop an integrated conceptual understanding, synthesis and critical application of specialised qualitative and quantitative issues in management. The qualification
is directed towards students having relevant work experience and occupying middle and senior management positions and who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
This qualification will enable students to develop in-depth, discipline specific skills and applied competence in the private and public sectors that will provide opportunities for personal intellectual
growth, more purposeful employment and making a contribution to society.
The qualification will empower graduates to solve problems in a focused way and to effectively manage and allocate resources, to communicate effectively and to contribute to knowledge and socioeconomic transformation in a responsible and ethical manner.
On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
• Apply quantitative methodologies in making work-based decisions
• Apply scientific enquiry and research methods
• Utilise technology to solve work-based problems
• Display research skills in solving work related problems in the management of a range of organisations
• Contribute towards the extension of knowledge on business management, leadership and administration
• Demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse and solve management and commercial problems
• Acquire an understanding of how to manage resources and processes in a business context
• Contribute to the resolution of socio-economic problems of a developing Southern Africa in an ethical and responsible manner
• Articulate vertically to REGENT Business School’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree programme
Cost of course : R43 000 (cash price - year 1)