Why join us?
24.com is the digital development arm of Media24, the largest media company in Southern Africa. At 24.com, we work on building the best experience for millions of users who visit our digital properties daily. We have a people-focused culture, and we have a huge amount of fun while working together to execute fast. We keep our tech stack current, and we are surrounded by plenty of opportunities for learning and growth. We are a happy team, and we want to make the circle bigger!
What will you do?
You will be empowering business users by analysing data and unlocking data insights, providing easy-to-understand data visualizations, and provide standard management reporting. Your responsibilities include designing and building scalable data models, cleaning, and transforming data, and enabling advanced analytic capabilities that provide meaningful business value. You also collaborate with key stakeholders across verticals to deliver relevant insights based on identified business requirements.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Collaborating with the data engineering and product team members to source the required data and to produce optimal data models for analysis and reporting use cases
- Collaborating with the product team and stakeholders on new or existing business problems that needs solving, designing, and implementing or conducting analyses, and providing the results to stakeholders
- Producing automated reports and dashboards to facilitate business decisions
- Reporting performance optimisation
- Defining standard data definitions
- Ensuring integrity of underlying data and accuracy of reported insights
- Ensuring ease of use for non-specialist end-users
What should you have?
- Tertiary qualification in computer science or engineering preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in data modelling, analysis, and reporting.
- Fundamental understanding of data repositories and data models
- Fundamental understanding of data processes, transformations, and materialization
- Fundamental understanding of reporting data granularity and time-based filtering
- Fundamental understanding of reporting optimisation techniques
- Data warehousing experience (Google BigQuery preferred).
- Cloud experience (Google cloud platform preferred).
- Power BI experience, including Power query and DAX
- A willingness to learn new methods, platforms and tools that best suits a task.
Benefits of Working at 24.com:
- Flexible working hours - core hours: 9am-3pm.
- We welcome remote working.
- Our department wide tech stack is diverse and includes Android, iOS, React native, .NET Core, Redis, Elasticsearch, SQL Server and the Google Cloud suite. We are 100% cloud based hosted in Azure and Google Cloud.
- Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
- We are part of the Naspers group, which provides us with access to various technical training including free access to Udemy and similar platforms, as well as nanodegrees.
- Free access to Microsoft certification training.
- Opportunities for further study and skills development.
- Opportunities to attend relevant tech events and expos
- Optional medical aid and flexible retirement funding.
20 people have applied for this job. 78 people have viewed this job.
Amazing co-workers contribute to personal growth too
Every book that we publish is unique. In book publishing, we work with passionate people who entrust us with their life's work. This is a privilege.
Jonathan Ball Publishers