- Salary: Market Related
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sectors: Retail Sales
- Reference: 55996
Employer: Baby City
Dis-Chem Baby City requires a Sales Assistant to join their team based in Klerksdorp. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the store including but not limited to sales, point of sale, merchandising, customer service, receiving and stock movement.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 1 – 2 years retail experience
- Qualification in Sales
- Sales Experience
- Be responsible for accurate cash flow and ensure to follow correct cash handling procedures at all times
- Ensure that all line voids and price changes are approved and signed by management.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returned goods by customers when authorized to do so.
- Transact all purchases - receive and processes all payments such as cash, cards, vouchers, coupons and other payments accepted by Dis- Chem.
- Answer questions regarding the store merchandise.
- Process all loyalty cards including those of our accelerator partners.
- Ensure that the safety procedures for the compliance of POS security and integrity is followed as per SOPs
- Ensure all out going stock/ items are scanned and paid for.
- Uphold merchandising policy and procedure standards.
- Adhere to operating standards, store layout and planograms.
- Front shop shelves and products must be neatly presented and visible at all times.
- Labels and pricing must be correct at all times.
- Report all price discrepancies to management.
- Be aware of new products and maintain up to date product knowledge.
- Manage restocking of merchandise and supplies when needed to ensure maximum sales.
- Maintain the daily physical upkeep of store and merchandise displays and be responsible for your designated stock in the storeroom as well as on the shop floor.
- Assist with the loading and off-loading of stock when needed.
- Items without barcodes must be clearly marked.
- Be available to assist with back shopping when needed.
- All merchandise must be handled carefully to prevent any losses
- Keep updated with in-depth knowledge regarding products, brands and the retail industry.
- Be responsible for all promotions.
- Keep updated with new products and product lines and inform management thereof.
- Build stable and proper displays in time for promotions to take place.
- Relevant posters and signage should be put up in time for a relevant promotion to take place.
- Promotional stock must be taken down immediately after a promotion ends.
- Do checks on promotional stock.
- Promotional tickets, price tickets, posters etc. must be put up in the expected time frame.
- Ensure that monthly promotions are implemented effectively to maximise sales.
- Ensure delivered stock and/ or stock pulled from the storeroom are stored and packed in the correct space immediately.
- Maintain the stock on the shelves to ensure it has not reached its sell by date and stock is rotated on a continual, first in first out basis.
- Ensure that full ranges of products are on the shelves at all times.
- Keep the storeroom organized, neat and tidy.
- Report low stock levels, items that are out of stock, damaged stock and expired stock to management.
- Assist with the counting of stock files and general stocktaking.
- Boxes must be flattened after unpacking stock and taken to the designated area.
- Identify and report damaged and expired stock immediately to management.
- Basic Retail and Sales concepts
- Good communication
- Trustworthy and honest
- Time Management
Special conditions of employment:
- Willing and able to work retail hours
- Able and physically fit to lift and move heavy boxes, and ensure health and safety standards are adhered to
- Ability to use technology
- South African citizen
- Clear credit and criminal records
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market-related salary
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Group is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
43 people have applied for this job. 419 people have viewed this job.
More Jobs at Baby City
Sales Assistant - Baby City (Greenpoint)
- Cape Town
- Job Type: Permanent
- Posted 22 Mar 2023 | 6 Days left