The Account Manager is required to effectively sell and market Newsclip and affiliated brands’ products to new and existing clients and thereafter maintain prolonged relationships with the current client base.
Client liaison and new business development
• Resolve client requests, queries, and problems effectively and efficiently;
• Create or update client contracts and send quotations when necessary;
• Maintain and grow the existing client base by upselling and introducing additional features to clients;
• Understand and research client portfolios;
• Prepare for client and New Business meetings by conducting adequate industry and client research and by collaborating with affiliate brands where necessary;
• Ensure courtesy calls are made to clients;
• Generate leads by conducting research and taking leads from the Production and Sales department;
• Ensure that the quantity of new business brought on board is in line with predetermined targets;
• Ensure that the conversion rate of new business and signed contracts are in line with pre-determined targets;
• Attend client meetings where necessary, collaborate with affiliate brands and present platforms and features by way of presentations to potential clients.
• Navigate all systems and products efficiently and effectively in order to perform the role correctly and provide quality client training;
• Present and provide training to current clients on products.
• Ensure that effective inter-departmental and regional communication takes place as well as frequent collaboration with affiliate brands;
• Resolve queries in a timeous manner;
• Ensure the accuracy of contracts produced;
• Ensure collaborative stakeholder relationships with affiliate brands;
• Ensure accuracy and appropriateness of the setup of Read structures in accordance with client’s requests and needs;
• Ensure that Read structures are set up timeously according to requirements;
• Ensure accuracy on the CRM system and liaise with Accounts department in this regard;
• Send client queries to Internal Client Support Consultants for assistance and ensure that the work is of quality;
• Ensure the awareness level of support staff;
• Provide coaching and mentoring to Internal Client Support Consultants when required.
• Ensure that weekly statistics is submitted;
• Assist clients with queries by collaborating with various departments and affiliate brands;
• Locate missing clips and remove irrelevant clips for clients, timeously;
• Log queries on Restya as required;
• Ensuring clip numbers and keywords are accurate;
• Check invoice accuracy and to explain line items to clients;
• Ensure that all warnings are actioned and provide feedback timeously.
Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant Field (Public Relations, Marketing, Media or Communications)
2 - 6 years’ of a proven track record in a Sales role.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
• Ability to plan and organise;
• Sense of urgency;
• Ability to cope in an ever-changing environment;
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
Newsclip was founded in 1983 and has since continued to grow
as an industry-leading, national media monitoring company. The innovative,
technology-driven and dynamic working environment provides the perfect platform
for individuals who are strategic, highly self-motivated and receptive to
change. The culturally diverse and professional workforce is comprised of over
250 employees. Understanding that the success of the company can be attributed
to its people, Newsclip invests in and is committed to developing its employees
as there is no limit to personal growth.