Our client, a leader in the Office Automation / ICT industry, is looking for young, energetic, and sales driven External Sales Reps in the Durban and surrounding areas. The successful candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic, and well-organised.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
• Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to prospective customers.
• Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
• Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for prospective customers according to company standards.
• Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determine the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the Company.
• Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
• Supply management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
• Maintain and update systems daily with diary entries, prospect sheets, quotes, lost order sheet, sales activity sheets and keep a proper pipeline.
• Ensure all contracts and other documentation are completed correctly and all the required documentation is submitted to the Sales Coordinator to process the deals.
sales : 2 to 3 years
IT / Office automation sales : 1 to 2 years
Minimum education requirements:
• Minimum qualification requirement is Grade 12.
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
• Proven track record of sales.
Skills and experience required:
• 2 years IT / Office Automation Sales experience is a requirement.
• Fully Computer literate.
• Excellent Communication Skills on all levels, telephonic and face to face customer relations skills / presentable / self-motivated.
• Excellent Presentation, Planning and organizational skills.
• Must be self-driven, motivated, innovative and team player.
• Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services.
• Personally contact and secure new business accounts/customers.