The only time you’d need to go into the office, based in Cape Town, is once a quarter for a meeting
Established, innovative Cape Town inhouse Software Development and IoT company that builds (cloud) software to grow their client’s businesses is on the hunt for a Senior Developer. Their work covers a variety of industries and a range of apps and IoT software projects. Their client range from startups, scale-ups and enterprises that need brand new cloud software or upgrade or to replace existing software.
About the role
Join their team as a senior software developer. It will be your job to develop software based on architectural, UX and UI design specifications and other acceptance criteria.
We believe that as a software developer, you add the most value when you are empowered to provide input into the business case for the software as well as the UX and UI designs in order to get to the most optimal solution. Your job is not just to deliver code.
● Deliver code according to a product backlog
● Agile software development
● Technical leadership of a small development team
● Provide input on UX and UI designs to optimise development efforts
● Give architectural advice where required
● Actively contribute to the entire team of product managers, UX practitioners, software developers and QA analysts and engineers
● Continuous self-development and expansion of skills
● If you’re an intermediate: assist senior software developer to mentor junior team members
● If you’re a senior: mentor junior team members
● Assist with software and product support
● Communicate technical needs and risks effectively outside of the team
● Be familiar with DevOps and infrastructure deployment
● Write effective documentation for architecture and infrastructure
sql : 5 to 6 years
angularjs : 5 to 6 years
reactjs : 5 to 6 years
relational databases : 5 to 6 years
web framework : 5 to 6 years
android native development : 4 to 5 years
flutter : 3 to 4 years
api integration : 5 to 6 years
Dart for Mobile Development : 3 to 4 years
iOS Native development : 4 to 5 years
GraphQL integration : 5 to 6 years
Other DBs : 3 to 4 years
Cloud based infrastructure (AWS and Google) : 3 to 4 years
Automated deployment infrastructure (Azure DevOps, CodeDeploy etc.) : 3 to 4 years
As a developer, you can engage with the tools and techniques to create software.
As a good developer, they will expect you to have experience with some or most of the technologies they regularly use. ( see below )
As an excellent developer you are able to create solutions with these tools and techniques.
You will have a deeper understanding of the tools and techniques and how to use them to best effect.
You find a high degree of satisfaction from entering a state of flow while programming, and the beauty and elegance that you create as a result.
Knowledge and skills
Firstly, you would need the skills to take on the responsibilities specified above. You should also have some depth of experience in the technologies we generally use, which includes the following:
● AngularJS. Other web frameworks (ReactJS etc) may also be applicable
● Flutter and Dart for mobile development. Android and iOS native development are also appropriate
● API integration through HTTP. REST and REST-like interfaces
● GraphQL integration
● Relational databases and SQL
● Other databases (time series, graph, document, key-value etc)
● Use cloud based infrastructure (AWS and Google). This includes compute and data storage elements