Applications are invited for the above-mentioned position in the Data & Analytics Department based at Libertas Parva in Stellenbosch. The successful applicant will report to the Data Architecture and Solutions Manager.
Purpose of the position:
Responsible for developing database solutions, constantly monitoring the database, and immediately addressing database issues and problems, ensuring the company information retrieved is accurate and on time.
Key performance areas would include, but are not limited to:
Developing database solutions to store and retrieve company information
Design an effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations
Alignment of the technical landscape with enterprise architectural methodology and model
Identification, evaluation, solutions, and recommendations to the overall data and analytics landscape is accepted, implemented, and deliver on business expectations
Develop and maintain technical architecture platform to incorporate the global needs of Client
Assess new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products based on Client data and analytics landscape needs to add value to the overall strategy
Installing and configuring information systems to ensure functionality
Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams
Analysing structural requirements for new software and applications
Oversight and conceptual design and logical data models and flowcharts
Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions
Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
Optimize new and current database systems
Lead integration of new systems into the Client data landscape
Monitor the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies to rapidly respond to meet the demands of changing business
All significant business risks are identified and plans to address the risks are implemented. Governance practices contribute significantly to results achievement
Identify and recommend proof of concept of new technologies to stay abreast with changing technology and to align with Client global needs.
Understand the needs of the business and provide technical solutions and recommendations to deliver on business expectations
Regularly implement improvements to current processes and technology and create an environment that value ideas, creativity, and innovation
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
· Ability to use managing by project principles to manage projects successfully.
· High level of computer literacy in Microsoft office suite and SAP (Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint will be required)
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate with persuasion at Board level
· Strong analytical skills and strategic ability to interpret various data
· Strategic/action orientation, self-driven and innovative
· Demonstrated business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
· Exhibit sound judgment and professionalism in all aspects of the position
· Able to differentiate between conflicting priorities and issues to identify underlying causes
Strong decision-making and problem-solving ability
Communication will only be with shortlisted candidates
By applying for this position, you confirm:
You have no legal, civil, credit matters which the client needs to know about
You are aware the client is based in Stellenbosch, and you will be able to present yourself for work at location if successful