A public entity that operates in the energy sector is looking for an experienced, dynamic and vibrant Health & Safety Officer that can play a vital role a current project that is expected to run over 6 – 12 months .
Description of Responsibilities:
· Facilitate multi-functional disciplinary work groups to compile risk specific Occupational safety, Health and Environmental risk assessments & audits processes
· Implements, enhances and maintains occupational safety, health & environmental programs within the parameters of legal requirements, ISO, OHSAS & best practice
· Provide professional advice and guidance on Occupational safety, Health & Environment
· Analyse and assess the business needs with respect to Occupational Hygiene risks, implement and monitor control measures
· Develop and implementing of safety, health & environmental audits
· Compile accurate projections on the integrated safety risk and ensure legislative and business risks created by accidents are managed
· Develop and advise on implementation and evaluating the lifestyle of risk management processes and projects
· Development, implementation and monitoring of safety, hygiene & environmental standards and procedures
· Project Scope: Scope of work is to Installation of 2x Diesel Compressors, 2x Air Dryers, 1 X Forced Air Compressor, Civil and Electrical works
SAMTRAC Certification : 1 to 2 years
Required Skills & Experience:
· Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite – MS Work, MS Excel & MS Projects
· Must be committed to study further.
· Required to have an eye for detail.
· Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of an organisation.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
· Desired qualification : National Diploma in Safety Management
· SAMTRAC Certification.
· Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience OR
· Relevant Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years related work experience OR
· Relevant B-Tech Qualification plus 3 years related work experience