We are searching an Operations Engineer in the Pretoria area .P08 Level
• To coordinate, supervise and commission (metal forming specifically) machinery on projects as well as provide operations with technical support which entails that equipment is installed and set up to specifications so as to manufacture cans to specification and at required capacity.
• Conduct production trials and evaluate report findings
• Introduce new production procedures as required to maintain efficiency, quality and performance levels
• Problem Solving
• Research and structure all identified projects
• Co-ordinate implementation of machine or method improvements once authorised
• Conduct regular audits to ensure specification and procedures are being adhered to and highlight any deviations to the attention of the Senior Operations Engineer.
• Liaise with colleagues on all Canmaking developments to ensure that divisional standards are maintained.
• Keep up to date with latest technological developments in various Canmaking equipment and techniques.
• Ensure production complies with divisional quality standards • Collaborate with Bevcan operations personnel to ensure that all Canmaking equipment is up to date with maintenance scheduling
• Actively contribute during conversion processes
• Contribute to, and update SOPs
• Communicate and assist Unit Managers and all support departments on a daily basis with latest production problems to ensure higher production efficiencies
• Drive and encourage the team to apply the Foundation Practices, ensure adherence to standards and coach team in Foundation principles and practices.
• 5 years or more of experience in metal forming department of can manufacturing process, with in-depth 2-piece canmaking equipment knowledge.
• A proven track record of successful Metal Forming machinery trouble shooting