· Administers the clearing, and forwarding of all sea and air freight imports on a documentation level.
· Knowledgeable on all requirements regarding import activities, Internal and external representation, liaison with government departments, shipping lines, unpack depot, freight forwarder, transporters and any other service provider.
· Ensuring that the daily administration requirements and pre-determined deadlines are met.
· Responsible to follow up on all import shipments.
· Prepare all clearing and forwarding documents to ensure fast and efficient importation of goods.
· Ensure documentation complies with set standards and regulation of various stakeholders and legal entities.
imports : 2 to 3 years
clearing and forwarding : 2 to 3 years
manufacturing : 1 to 2 years
sars : 2 to 3 years
tpt : 2 to 3 years
TNPA : 2 to 3 years
Customs Clearing Part 1 : 2 to 3 years
Port Authorities : 2 to 3 years
ü Must have grade 12 and a minimum of 2 years experience
ü Must have Experience working in imports
ü Customs Clearing Part 1 and Customs Clearing Part 2 would be an added advantage
ü Basic knowledge of purchasing function
ü Sound knowledge of legal and ethical requirements of the shipping, clearing and forwarding and transport industry
ü PC literacy. Good knowledge of Port Authorities both TPT and TNPA, SARS - Customs rules and regulations
ü Good organizational skills to an administrative role, effective time management and flexibility
ü Excellent attention to detail
ü Self-disciplined and committed to following strict procedures
ü Honesty and respect for confidentiality, self-driven with a sense of urgency