While connected with the best, this digital solution company, is improving communication, increasing engagement and driving business performance. Since they opened their doors in 2012 they were listed as a top 10 African start up company by CNN. Their services have expanded to 4 continents and they stand out as a FNB Innovation Finalist. Besides flexible hours you can also work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home- chillax while giving your best.
Harnessing the power of technology platform, this client is constantly challenging the way organisations communicate and engage with their employees. Their digital solution is the perfect way for clients to reach every employee (regardless of job level, location or mobile device) – and they need you to help them make this process as seamless as possible!
Purpose of the job
The purpose of the Senior Full Stack Developer is to focus on building and working on enterprise grade software systems, as part of an agile team. The Senior Software Developer will also provide technical leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Key areas of responsibility
For this job, the most critical areas of responsibility are:
1. Software management
2. People management
● Where applicable, perform detailed analysis on new features, and develop technical specifications and design documents.
● Translate software requirements into concise and robust code by developing, maintaining and supporting effective solutions. This includes process and system design, development, and testing of own code.
● Develop technical aspects according to project specifications.
● Assist QA and Support departments by debugging and fixing bugs on an ongoing basis.
● Adhere to software development standards and processes along with industry best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software.
● Contribute to the team by mentoring Junior Developers on specific systems & processes, as well as best development practices, processes, and technologies.
● Continually strive to improve personal and team productivity through contributing improvements to processes and systems.
● Evaluate projects, develop and update schedules and supervise project status against project deadlines.
● Follow In house development processes, which includes working closely with product management, and the QA department.
· Use common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
● Use your knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
● Use your knowledge of containerisation to create and maintain Docker containers.
● Apply your knowledge to primary systems based on NodeJS, Express, React, Redux, Typescript, Webpack.
● Interact with and develop against MongoDb as the primary database.
● Interact with PostgreSQL as a secondary database.
● Interact and contribute to an ElasticSearch cluster.
● Interact with secondary systems built with Angular/Angular JS.
Provide a leading role to a development team and facilitate participation and growth.
● Mentor junior programmers in different techniques and methodologies.
● Collaborate effectively with all team members.
● Support in onboarding of new developers to ensure comfortable and secure environment.
Diploma in Computer Science/ BSc Computer Science/ BSc Information Technology.
· 7 years-experience as a developer, and at least 2 years in a senior role.
· Senior level MongoDB experience
· Good understanding of deployment processes, including CI.
· Have some experience with AZURE.
· Exposure to an Agile or other formal development processes.
● Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
● Effective written and oral communication skills
● Positive attitude
● Good attention to detail
● Can work well in a team
● Committed to continuing professional development