In sending your CV, you confirm that you have read and understood our POPI Policy found on our website www.recruitech.co.za. Should you be unsuccessful for this particular position, you have no objection to us retaining your personal information in our database which you confirm is true, correct and up to date. Should a suitable opportunity arise we will contact you and request your permission to submit your information.
java development : 3 to 4 years
java 8 : 3 to 4 years
This is an excellent chance to flex your Java Development and communication skills plus grow your career within a respected company that will offer the chance to work on varied projects.
Our client is looking for a Java Developer with proven skills in web centric Java Development with Java 8 and above and some of Spring, Spring Boot and Play Frameworks. Proven skills in Agile such as working pairing, CI / CD, TDD, and the ability to write clean code to work on complex projects are also a requirement.
As a Java Developer you will have skills in the majority of:
· Strong skills in Java 8 or higher such as 11
· Java Software engineering and design of web centric software solutions using clean code / SOLID principles
· Strong communication skills to liaise, advise and work with clients / stakeholders
· Experience as a Senior Developer in mentoring /coaching developers / technical leadership or supporting less experienced client teams
· Java web frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot or Play
· Experience in creating web services / API's such as RESTful, JSON etc
· Database skills with RDBMS or NOSQL datastores
· Experience of Agile Development practices such as pair programming, planning poker / estimation, CI or CD, IoC, TDD, BDD
· Knowledge of Software Integration Design Patterns
· Any experience with DevOps / development infrastructure and development tools such (Git, Jenkins, source control, story boards, wiki)
· Ability to communicate and relate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Experience of attending or speaking at meetups of technology events
· Development skills in other JVM development languages such as Groovy or Scala
· Awareness of cloud providers and cloud technologies such as AWS
· Development skills with scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
· Understanding of different software architectures