Top International Company is opening up offices in South Africa and are looking to grow their BI Team.
· To further accelerate the development and adoption of the corporate Data Lake, the Data & Business Intelligence team is recruiting a GCP System Engineer to conduct the following tasks:
· Solve complex and pressing technical experience management challenges.
· Design and implement key product features, APIs and test suites, per specifications, while keeping a strong customer focus.
· Ensure smooth operations by designing scalability and failure resistance into services.
· Take over responsibility to provide technical expertise for our GCP projects, making sure the technological and design decisions are taken in balance with the risks inherently taken, ensuring that mitigations for those risks are in place.
· Partner with other teams across functions to achieve shared goals.
· Fast prototyping of ideas and concepts and researching latest industry trends.
· Higher education degree in Computer Science or a related
· Strong knowledge of Python and very familiar with a variety of Python development concepts, practices, and procedures. Strong knowledge of Java and enterprise Java technologies is of an advantage
· Experience provisioning Public Cloud environments using leading templating and scripting technologies – i.e. Terraform, ARM, YAML, JSON, Powershell, BASH, Python – and integration with code repos (e.g. Git), CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins) pipelines and test automation
· Experience implementing distributed, failure-resistant architectures and applying related operational and security controls for Public Cloud Services (i.e. DR/Backup, Monitoring, Auto-scaling)
· Comprehensive understanding and experience applying Cloud Security concepts VNET/Virtual Private Controls, Identify and Access Management including Active Directory
· Experience integrating Cloud services with monitoring and logging tools
· Comprehensive understanding of networking (VPN, DNS, load balancer, firewall, forward and reverse proxy)
· Cloud Native Development experience – i.e. developing and deploying micro services to Kubernetes
· Experience developing REST APIs; Knowledge of leading design (e.g. OpenAPI/Swagger)
· Experience with DBMS – relational and NoSQL (e.g. Postgres, MS-SQL, MongoDB, BigQuery) is a must
· Committed problem solver with a positive personality and can-do mentality, who is comfortable with driving and leading change and questioning the status quo
In sending your CV, you confirm that you have read and understood our POPI Policy found on our website www.recruitech.co.za. Should you be unsuccessful for this particular position, you have no objection to us retaining your personal information in our database which you confirm is true, correct and up to date. Should a suitable opportunity arise we will contact you and request your permission to submit your information.
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.