Our client is one of the largest suppliers of petroleum and lubricants in the Western Cape and Garden Route. We are recruiting for an industry-experienced Key Account Manager / Business Consultant who will add to their existing human resources pool. This position offers a challenging role to a dynamic, experienced and hands-on individual.
business management : 4 to 5 years
key account management : 4 to 5 years
consulting : 4 to 5 years
- Professionally co-ordinate a healthy business relationship between company and Retailers and maintain a consistent and senior working relationship with the Retailer/Landlord.
- Support Retailer/Landlord by guiding them to build the Brand, extend the network and grow sales and share of market, whilst obtaining a win-win situation for both company and the Retailer - Measure and guide them to achieve Customer First and Sales targets.
- Monitor and ensure that service station facilities and dispensing equipment are properly maintained.
- Conduct site visits to ensure that all retail outlets are always operated under Company-required standard of image guidelines.
- Ensure that the territory management is aligned with all company processes as well as government regulations such as HES, licensing and local ordinances, etc. to ensure operational excellence.
- Resolve any field, credit and accounting system problems that may arise whilst ensuring attainment of Credit KPI’s.
- Conduct scheduled, half-yearly, individual Business Plan meetings to:
· Measure, report and assist Retailers towards achieving agreed Business Plan targets, as well as measuring profitability, counselling Retailer on profitability and suggest actions.
· Report progress and/or recommendations to management.
- Annually convey Business Plan targets and requirements for inclusion in future plans, review, align and negotiate plans to achieve these.
- Assist the Retailer with in-house training as and when required, ensure that all Retailer staff are developed to a high standard of proficiency in the sale of our product range and systems to run the business.
- Monitor training records, determine requirements and coordinate Retailers’ training to ensure compliance to major suppliers and company standards.
- Maintain accurate records of company assets by site (signage, POS/BOS equipment).
- Handle and submit, on time, any documentation required as well as all internal company reports and surveys.
- Ensure that management of the retail sites is within the assigned OPEX budget.
- Track and benchmark competitive activity within the region and area – Analyse to understand the implications of external environment changes on the business to enhance decision making.
- Share this information with company management to assist with business strategies.
- Ensure close coordination with other business units through consistent interaction and alignment of business strategies to ensure that all retail programs remain “best in class”
Education and experience:
- A degree relevant to the position.
- An additional, relevant qualification will be advantageous.
- Solid working knowledge of PC software applications (i.e. Excel & PowerPoint).
- A solid understanding of the oil industry in RSA, the environment in which the company operates, and the overall marketing objectives and vision in order to ensure alignment of goals with strategic direction.
Non-negotiable skill set:
- Clear understanding of Marketing operations within South Africa
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Results-driven and proactive
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- He or she will need minimal supervision and at times, will operate under tight deadlines
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.
People are the core of our human resources consultancy business, with our candidate base comprising the very best in talent and experience available in South Africa today.
Engaging Exceed Human Resources Consultants means you instantly benefit from first-rate expertise in the selection of skills and personalities in this competitive sector. Through our broad contact-base, expert screening and careful selection you’ll get to choose the kind of superior candidates that can elude even South Africa’s best known employers. And all this from a service that is already favoured for being prompt, reliable and professional.
“Our aim is to bring together expertise, commitment and passion that creates a perfect match between candidate expectations and our clients’ needs.”
Traditionally focused on the financial and related sectors, we also successfully recruit for human resources, marketing, sales, public relations, office, project management, legal and administrative positions for clients in various industries.
Putting us to work in meeting your recruitment needs is simple - just get in touch and tell us a little about what, and who, you are looking for.