The expertise of a proactive & deadline-driven Senior QA Engineer (Automation) is sought by a dynamic Software Solutions Service Provider to join its Joburg team. Working in the Telco space, you will have a dual-type role of QA Analyst/Test Automation Engineer, not only conducting various Testing but also developing & maintaining the Automation code in accordance with specifications and agreed timescales. You must possess a Degree/Diploma in IT/Computer Science/Engineering, be ISTQB Certified, have 5+ Years Test Automation Engineering including DevOps & CI/CD exposure, Amazon, Azure, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift and be skilled in Python and/or Java, JMeter, SoapUI, Selenium, JUnit and SQL & PL/SQL. Please note Permanent & Contract roles are on offer.
Manual Testing -
* Requirement Analysis. * Create test plans and test scripts. * Execute test plans. * Identify and analyse defects. * Log defects and track defect resolution. * Create and maintain Automation test cases. * Maintain Quality Assurance environment. * Perform Manual Feature Testing.
Test Automation -
* Implement Automation tools and frameworks. * Design, develop, document and implement Test Automation solutions. * Collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools. * Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation. * Perform Unit Testing. * Troubleshooting, support, problem solving and analysis for users. * Compliance with procedures and processes. * Assist with Test Strategy. * Assist with implementing new processes. * Provide daily reporting.
Team Leader Responsibilities -
* Train QA team members. * Mentor and guide juniors. * Effort Estimations. * Contribute to improvements in QA. * Conduct interviews. * Contribute to team's KPAs and Performance Appraisals.
* BTech Degree or National Diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science / Engineering. * ISTQB Certification.
* 8+ Years formal Testing experience. * 5+ Years Test Automation Engineering experience. * 1 to 2 Years -
* DevOps, CI/CD exposure. * Cloud exposure - Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud. * Container deployment, scaling, management, etc. - Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, etc.
* Software Testing experience. * Proficient in scripting and scripting languages e.g. Python, Java, etc. * Implementing and integrating code deployment tools e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc. * Deployment Tools e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, etc. * Integration with code repositories e.g. GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. * Knowledge and implementation of branching and merging strategies (Gitflow, Trunk-based development, etc. * Expertise in software development methodologies including Agile, Waterfall. * SQL and PL/SQL.
* Experience in the Telco industry.
* High attention to detail and accuracy. * Able to work in pressurised environment. * Compliance with procedures and processes. * Must be able to work well as part of a team and independently. * Good analysis skills and problem-solving skills. * Must have a drive for helping peers. * Must have a positive and professional attitude. * Excellent communication skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.
Datafin was established in 1999 due to the need for a specialized IT recruitment solution. We offer a personalized and flexible recruitment service, specializing in providing both client and candidate with the perfect fit. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders as well as access to some of the most skilled and sought after candidates in the industry. Our database of over 25 000 candidates, cutting edge internal IT systems and extensive PPC marketing has ensured that we at the top of our game and one of SA’s leading recruitment agencies.