My client, a leading Network Service Provider company based in the Midrand area is currently on the hunt for a Senior ISP Core Network Manager with 6+ years' experience with large scale ISP/WAN/LAN environments, Core Voice and Network Security to join the team on a permanent basis.
• Manage a team of senior core network engineers, planning analyst and data centre team.
• Coordinate all activities with regards to the Core network planning function, along with other departments and colleagues as required.
• Take technical responsibility for core communications strategy and standards for significant core projects or major application areas.
• Planning of all voice and data Core network systems.
• Design and implement core network solutions, this will incorporate the following technologies - Huawei, Juniper, Cisco, Extreme Networks and Aruba.
• Review network costs against new technological developments, initiating proposals to change network design when appropriate. Obtains and evaluates proposals from suppliers of equipment, software, transmission services and other services for communication networks.
• Make sure the core network is being monitored by the relevant systems and maintaining uptime is key.
• Analyse traffic load on the core voice and data networks and recommend required expansion upgrade.
• Analyse complex network problems and co-ordinate to resolution.
• Carry out independent audit of the Core Network to examine the performance with respect to set Key Performance Indicators and to verify that the system is performing as per the design criteria highlighting any issues observed for immediate corrective action.
• Provide technical support and analysis where required, both during business day and after hours (after hours is on a standby basis with additional allowance).
• Ensure that all elements of the network infrastructure are documented and that relevant standards are understood and adhered to. This will include assisting with the formulation and maintenance of configuration templates.
• Deal with technical escalations from various teams within the business.
• Provide mentorship to fellow engineers.
management : 4 to 5 years
core networks : 6 to 7 years
• Tertiary qualifications or equivalent. HCIP/JNCIP/CCIP certifications or higher
• 6+ years' experience specializing in designing/supporting large scale ISP/WAN environments and supporting/diagnosing IP based network issues.
• Ability to work within a service provider organization that covers small to corporate environments.
• Excellent understanding of all networking technologies – Routing protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, etc), switching, firewalling, etc.
• Good understanding of IT security fundamentals and the ability to manage Internet, MPLS and private network connected firewalls with large and complex rule sets. Experience with FortiGate Firewalls is an advantage
• DevOps experience with SDN knowledge preferred – Ansible, Python, Linux
• Good understanding and experience with one or more of the following wireless tools: MikroTik Radwin and Alcoma
• Good understanding and experience with one or more of the following VoIP products: Mitel, SONUS, ACME, BroadSoft.
• Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex network issues.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including the ability to communicate with non-technical customers.
• Take ownership of problems and co-ordinate to resolution (end-to-end).
• Enthusiasm/passion towards IT technology in general.
• Ability to motivate and manage technical resources to deliver on a strategy.
• Ability to work autonomously.
• Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with various technical teams within IRESS.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to organize own time, prioritize tasks and manage multiple tasks.
Salary is dependent on level of experience, skill and qualifications
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.