A medium-sized brokerage in Port Elizabeth is in the market to employ an IT Helpdesk Technician. The position will entail providing Technical Support and Assistance throughout the Company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
· Ownership of outstanding calls and attending to technical support queries timeously
· Assist with administering the Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, WSUS, Spiceworks, Backup Exec, ESET, and other server-grade applications and services
· Assist with administering the server cluster, the network infrastructure and client-side hardware
· Add/remove client hardware on the Domain and configure required software and policies.
· Assist with the regular maintenance procedures
· IT Tickets completed quickly and correctly
· Adhering to the 99.9% uptime requirement for the software core & hardware core
· New equipment set up quickly and correctly.
· Old equipment backed up, cleaned timeously
· Ensure that all IT equipment is functioning correctly
· Take ownership of the software development role from conception to implementation to support
· Remain abreast of security and development trends
· Identifying opportunities where software can assist the business
· Bespoke software created and maintained for company use
· Streamlined business processes and functions
· Act on ad-hoc instructions from the management team
· Provide solutions and assistance where a need with colleagues or the office in general is identified
Key competencies of the successful candidate will include, amongst others (note that only applications meeting below criteria will be considered):
• Matric Certificate
• A+ and N+ proficient
• 3 year Diploma / Degree relevant to the position advantageous
• Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans (non-negotiable requirement)
• Drivers License
• Professionalism - Working in a corporate environment
• At least 3 years’ experience in a maintaining and troubleshooting within a Windows corporate network environment, including Hyper-V, MS-SQL, Exchange, Office 365, and complex networking.
• Expert in desktop support, and experience in server support.
• Effective communication skills – written and verbal
• Exceptional problem assessment and problem solving abilities
• Effective security implementation measures
• An enthusiastic tinkerer, with tangible results
• Customer service orientation
• Goal and deadline driven
• Self confidence
• Neat and Organised
• Planning and Prioritising
• Attention to detail and Accuracy
• Flexibility / adaptability
• Fast Learner
• High level of responsiveness
• Team player with exceptional interpersonal and solution-orientated attitude
• Able to perform under pressure
• Excellent mathematical skills
• Ability to prioritise and self-manage work loads
• Positive attitude
• Behaving in an ethical manner at all times
Interested candidates must submit their CV’s along with a copy of their ID, Matric Certificate and most recent Statement of Results to email@example.com for consideration. Candidates who have not received feedback within 2 weeks of submission should consider their application unsuccessful.
In order to apply for this job, please register your profile or log in with an existing account.