At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT. As part of the core AWS account team you will help our customers to arrive in that future. You will work across AWS teams and apply your technical and program management expertise to serve some of the largest and globally diverse enterprises in the world.
Roles and Responsibilities You will collaborate with customers, sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams to deliver solutions that solve some of the most complex and challenging technology problems our customer face. You will work with customers and internal stakeholders to scope work, set business goals, identify appropriate resources, track and report on progress and develop schedules to speed customer adoption and migrations. You monitor customer performance by assessing risks, anticipating bottlenecks, providing critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk tasking to maximize business value.
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You should have a cool head, predicating strong technical development, be detail-oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your team’s decisions and help us drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deliver information at the C-suite/VP level • Experience working with current web technologies (especially Cloud) • Self-motivated problem solver; able to thrive in a dynamic and customer-focused environment • Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills with precise attention to detail • Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, responds to customer needs quickly and effectively, adapts to change • Highly analytical, technically proficient, and able to learn new tools and software quickly • Strong listening skills; demonstrated ability to ask effective questions
• PMP, Prince 2, PgMP, SAFe, or SCRUM/Agile certified
• 15+ project or program managing complex, large scale, IT/technical/engineering programs
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or equivalent experience (Computer Science preferred)
• Direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services
• Deep understanding of software development/engineering lifecycle from conception to delivery
• Demonstrated leadership through influence
• Prior experience working with or managing teams leading large technical programs, particularly at high growth startups or Fortune 500 companies
• Working experience as a SCRUM master or leading a SAFe program
• Prior experience working in a Technology sales organization
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
Amazon Web Services is a secure cloud services platform, offering compute power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow. Millions of customers currently leverage our cloud products and solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, and reliability.
Our Cape Town development center is where the where Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) was first created, in 2005, and still plays a key role in developing and running the majority of Amazon’s EC2 core. In 2012, we also started building an AWS Support group based in Cape Town.
AWS isn’t a start-up any more, but that doesn’t stop us from acting like one. We set out every day to innovate and disrupt the status quo. We pursue unexpected paths and try to see things differently. We don’t just sit back and watch the world change; we’re the ones changing it. And we’re on the hunt for curious and inventive builders who want to join a company where every day is full of challenging and meaningful work.
Sound like you? Then come build the future with us.