The Head of Finance & Administration (HF&A) is responsible for managing all the day to day financial administration and payroll activities of the Social Facilitation Programme, as well as ensuring all the statutory accounting and reporting functions are fulfilled.
Reporting to: Regional Programme Director
- Document, implement and operate financial tasks as necessary and appropriate to the Programme;
- Working with budget holders, prepare the Programme budget for approval by the relevant Programme and Project Committees;
- Monitor all payments to employees and ensure that all relevant regulations (e.g. relating to benefits in kind) are being complied with;
- Administer and manage the Programme’s payroll system and all associated tax and statutory returns;
- Monitor and manage cash flows;
- Provide administrative support for the Programme and its various units;
- Liaise with staff from other units as necessary, providing proactive support and advice on financial issues as needed;
- Ensuring that Customer invoices are raised promptly and accurately and that appropriate procedures are in place to ensure prompt payments;
- Ensure that Supplier invoices are accurately recorded in the accounting system in order that suppliers are paid within agreed credit terms;
- Ensure relevant accounting reconciliations of Customer and Supplier accounts are carried out on a regular basis;
- Ensure the smooth operation of the payroll and ensure that all relevant requirements relating to PAYE, etc. are complied with;
- Prepare other financial reports on specific activities and performances as needed;
- Oversee general office management issues such as central stationery, office supplies, copier agreements etc.;
- Ensure the prompt and efficient payment of claims and other service providers in Programme activities.
- Relevant professional qualification, e.g. BCom;
- Experience of working in the private sector;
- Comply with the aims and ethos of the Programme.
- Working Knowledge of Sage online Accounting is required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Excellent communication skills;
- High degree of attention to detail;
- Integrative approach to operations with wider Programme objectives;
- Provide detailed insight at an operational and strategic level.