Reservations Manager, 5 Star Boutique Hotel
Laureate Private Resorts, owner of the prestigious 5-Star Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel as well as a unique collection of beach houses and holiday homes in Paternoster, is currently recruiting for the position of Reservations Manager.
THE FIRST IMPRESSION IS CREATED BY YOU!
You are in the top echelon of your profession. You are a natural organiser, sales driven with finicky attention to detail and determined to totally tune into our guests needs. You can deliver a first class hospitality experience that is beyond expectation.
As our Reservations Manager, you will join a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional service where we believe that anything is possible, where we approach all our guests requests with a “we can” mentality whilst having fun in all that we do! Join us in our mission to make every moment matter for our guests.
Key Responsibilities of the Reservations Manager
Ensure the smooth running of the reservations department, where all aspects of the guest journey and experience are delivered to the highest level, ensuring both property and company standards are attained and adhered to.
Working proactively to maximize guest satisfaction and comfort, delivering a positive and dynamic approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
Develops and implements strategies where key reservations metrics are identified; communicates and delivers reports and tracking tools in line with defined initiatives & targets.
Build and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders and partners both internal and external ensuring all communications/activities are controlled and undertaken in a timely manner.
Managing and maintaining availability and rates on our own booking engine as well as other important distribution channels.
YOUR MAIN TASKS WITH US WILL BE:
- Main responsibility for the management and organization of the entire reservations department.
- Responding to daily reservation requests and related guest correspondence including all mandatory and additional information.
- Recording, processing and checking individual reservations and provide detailed advice to our discerning guests via telephone and by e-mail.
- Double check all arrivals for the current arrival date, always having an eye on special requests and internal requirements.
- Being responsible for charging pre-payments, ensuring that all deposit payments have been received and control that all reservation related accounts are paid in a timeous manner.
- Handling tour operator requests and controlling their billing.
- Defining, optimizing, implementing and monitoring reservations related standards & processes
- Maintaining our guest- and reservations data base.
- Keeping all relevant departments up to date by sharing all information on time and thus ensure a smooth operation.
- Optimizing and controlling the occupancy & room revenue development in order to achieve the budget together with the Directors
- Creating and mapping new rate codes & packages
- Preparation of forecasts, monthly reports and market-relevant data
- Preparing the rooms budget in collaboration with the Directors
Excellent salary - highly negotiable
Reservations office based in close proximity to V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
If you are passionate and driven enough to fill our first class rooms and beautiful beach houses and holiday homes, please send your CV (with photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that only successful candidates will be contacted.