To carry out planned preventative and breakdown maintenance on a daily basis of all factory equipment in accordance with the OHS Act and the company's Preventative Maintenance Standards and Procedures ensuring maximum availability and reliability of all assets.
· Plan and execute all maintenance activities according to maintenance strategy ensuring that assets perform within set quality, safety, house-keeping, technical, cost and operational standards.
· Ensure that associates and non-associates, who support your areas of responsibility are trained and competent, with good adherence to best operating practices.
· Ensure integrity of safety equipment and compliance with safety procedures at all times for areas of responsibility.
· Ensure availability of spares through adherence to inventory management procedures, timely planning of activities and continuous condition monitoring.
· Provide effective backup for the factory by performing after hours standby.
· Analyze condition, troubleshoot failures, repair & perform preventative / predictive maintenance on production equipment, building & utilities and all associated equipment.
· Must observe the proper Lock out/ Tag out and all safety procedures as required.
· Initiate, plan and coordinate work performed by other associates, contractors and / or self.
· Prioritize & manage work assigned to ensure immediate response to emergencies, diagnose faults quickly and make immediate repairs.
· Technical troubleshooting the process, mechanical & electrical issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules, including but not limited to hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC logics and electrical circuits.
· Maintain functional knowledge of all equipment in packaging department.
· Ensure all work orders are complete and accurate, including planned & unplanned assignments.
· Maintain and improve electrical knowledge & skills to improve customer service levels.
· Follow regular checks & follow preventative maintenance schedules, assessing condition & ensuring compliance with prescribed schedules.
· Good communication skills, to access relevant information about equipment and provide clear information about equipment condition & status. This will include any unscheduled downtime of equipment that hamper achieving the production schedule goals.
· Must be able to read blueprints & schematic drawings to determine work procedures, to conduct foundations for & to assemble, dismantle & overhaul machinery & equipment, using hand & power tools.
· Seek out Optimization opportunities for increase production tonnages.
Ensure availability of spares through adherence to inventory management procedures, timely planning of activities
· Responsible to communicate & elevate any Quality & Food Safety concerns to management.
· Understand & utilize drawings, diagrams & equipment manufactures instructions.
· Other similar duties as assigned by manager.
Drive that all spares utilized are captured on job cards and replenishment takes place.