Employer: Finovate People
Our client, a well-known transport and logistics company, is looking for a Fleet Manager to join their team in the Pietermaritzburg area.
Overall Role Function:
* The overall objective of the Fleet Manager role is to effectively manage and oversee the day to day (also nightshift) operations of the depot / plant.
* This includes the short-term planning and scheduling of daily operations.
* This extends from the productivity of drivers and their vehicles; along with the overall maintenance of vehicles; solving queries etc. in order to deliver exceptional service within the clients' SLA.
* Creditors: Ensure all invoices and PO's are signed off and submitted to finance department. Follow up on outstanding money.
* Other: Insurance claims, traffic fines and vehicle maintenance and management of driver hours.
* Budget and Resource Planning: Use relevant data and analysis to give input into budget preparation for the division / depot.
* Service Culture: Deliver within SLA.
* Partnership Management: Cultivate objective working relationships with variety of stakeholders (e.g. HR team, IT, clients).
* Client Relationship Management: Daily client interactions on the frontline and solve challenges and queries to reduce complaints.
* Oversee and manage own fleet of vehicles: Schedule maintenance, weekly checks, services and wash bay, breakdowns (where applicable), licensing of vehicles and manage diesel consumption.
* Trip management: Load trips onto in-house application, manage and schedule drivers' working hours, route planning, oversee successful loading of goods at clients with all relevant paperwork.
- Planning and scheduling the overs (old order incomplete from last loading cycle with new orders received).
* Site Management: Manage the wash bay, the workshop and the diesel.
* Other: Insurance claims, Adhoc projects and debrief paperwork (daily).
* Prepare and submit weekly operational stats.
* Prepare and submit weekly financial flash to clients.
* Prepare, analyse and submit monthly operational stats.
* Work with team of drivers to deliver operational efficiencies.
* Delivery of superior quality customer experiences within SLA.
* Fleet management.
* Personal Development: Manage own development to increase own competencies for the position function and future leadership growth opportunities.
* People Management: Plan and manage performance, skills development and team motivation.
- Achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Address employee's issues or grievances.
- Management of drivers' performance, i.e. weekly monitoring of their consumption per km, daily debrief and weekly reports indicating outliers.
- Driver PDP and licenses.
- Manage drivers' leave and overtime (update daily).
* Teamwork: Support effective teamwork within depot / branch.
* Computer Literacy (MS Office, Outlook).
* Advanced Studies (Tertiary: Diploma / Degree) advantageous.
* Must be bilingual in English and Afrikaans.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in transport environment.
* Proven track record managing portfolio of customers.
* Specific industry experience beneficial.
* Excellent administrative and communication skills.
* Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
* Must be diligent and time competent in order to meet deadlines.
* Must be customer service focused.
* Must be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
* Be willing to work flexible hours and willing to perform duties on weekends.
Location: Pietermaritzburg area.
Salary offered: R25 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to be considered for this position if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks.
Apply before Friday, July 10, 2020 - 2 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.