Employer: Finovate People
Our client, a well-known transport and logistics company, is looking for a Fleet Manager to join their team in Philippi.
Overall Role Function:
* The overall objective of the Fleet Manager role is to effectively manage and oversee the day to day (also nightshift) operations of the depot / plant.
* This includes the short-term planning and scheduling of daily operations.
* This extends from the productivity of drivers and their vehicles; along with the overall maintenance of vehicles; solving queries etc. in order to deliver exceptional service within the clients' SLA.
* Creditors: Ensure all invoices and PO's are signed off and submitted to finance department.
- Follow up on outstanding money.
* Other:Insurance claims, traffic fines and vehicle maintenance.
* Management of driver hours.
* Budget and Resource Planning: Use relevant data and analysis to give input into budget preparation for the division / depot.
* Service Culture: Deliver within SLA.
* Partnership Management: Cultivate objective working relationships with variety of stakeholders (e.g. HR team, IT, clients).
* Client Relationship Management: Daily client interactions on the frontline.
- Solve challenges and queries to reduce complaints.
* Oversee and manage own fleet of vehicles:
- Schedule maintenance and weekly checks.
- Services and wash bay.
- Breakdowns (where applicable).
- Licensing of vehicles.
- Manage diesel consumption.
* Trip management: Route planning.
- Load trips onto in-house application.
- Manage and schedule drivers' working hours.
- Oversee successful loading of goods at clients with all relevant paperwork.
* Site Management: Manage the wash bay, workshop and diesel.
* Other: Insurance Claims, Adhoc projects and Debrief Paperwork (daily).
* Prepare and submit weekly operational stats.
* Prepare and submit weekly financial flash to clients.
* Prepare, analyse and submit monthly operational stats.
* Work with team of drivers to deliver operational efficiencies.
* Delivery of superior quality customer experiences within SLA.
* Fleet management.
* Personal Development: Manage own development to increase own competencies for the position function and future leadership growth opportunities.
* People Management:
- Plan and manage performance, skills development and team motivation.
- Achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Address employee's issues or grievances.
* Teamwork: Support effective teamwork within depot / branch.
* Computer Literacy (MS Office, Outlook).
* Advanced Studies (Tertiary: Diploma / Degree) advantageous.
* Must be bilingual in English and Afrikaans.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in transport environment.
* Proven track record managing portfolio of customers.
* Specific industry experience beneficial.
* Excellent administrative skills.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Able to work well with a team and under pressure.
* Must be diligent and time competent in order to meet deadlines.
* Must be customer service focused.
* Must be honest, reliable and trustworthy.
* Be willing to work flexible hours.
* Be willing to perform duties on weekends.
Location: Philippi Depot.
Salary offered: R20 000 per month.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please forward your CV to be considered for this position if you meet all the requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks.
Apply before Tuesday, July 7, 2020 - 38 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.