The SAP ABAP Developer will be working as a member of the SAP development team and will be responsible for the delivery of ABAP program assets based on technical specifications (and may be called upon to fill gaps in specifications with expert knowledge). The ABAP developer is expected to provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation, and support being his/her primary focus during the design and development phases of projects and on user support.
• To provide input into the design of SAP enhancements and rollouts, offering advice and thoughts providing feedback.
• To develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to the team and departmental development standards.
• To accurately log time for completed tasks
• To provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking, and resolution.
• To demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation.
• To demonstrate a high level of communication skills (verbal and written).
• To ensure current skills are up-to-date through research and practice.
• To participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness, and quality of work.
• To engage professionally with customers when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Good experience of working on a highly customised SAP system.
• Broad knowledge of SAP functional areas particularly FI-CO, SD, and MM.
• SD configuration experience desirable