Position: Legal Advisor
This role will have a strong focus on administration, contract management, so it necessitates an organized and detailed individual who will have support/secretarial staff to assist.
The expertise of a dynamic and solutions-driven Legal Advisor is sought to join its team. Your core role will be providing Legal Advisory services to internal staff and clientele to ensure they receive the necessary support and assistance in respect of legal matters. The ideal candidate must be an Admitted Attorney, who has a few years of post-grad work experience in a commercial law/litigation environment. It would also be very advantageous for the candidate to have had some experience in conveyancing and understands finance and accounting.
- Drafting, vetting and updating various legal documents including but not limited to the following agreements: leases, sale of property, independent service provider agreements, trust deeds, resolutions, wills, etc.
- Advising colleagues and clients on applicable legislation, including but not limited the Companies Act and dealing with tax matters under supervision with tax experts.
- Researching and reporting to colleagues in order to solve problems which include staying up to date with current regulation and legislation.
- Ensuring internal databases are organised and up to date.
- Provide ad hoc legal and compliance advice.