SMD is one of South Africa’s leading vehicle management and sales companies and a division of Barloworld. Whether you are looking for an innovative partner to assist you in the collection, processing, storage and sale of your vehicles, or you’re a private individual, or dealer, looking to buy or sell a vehicle, SMD has the answer for you. SMD has a nationwide network of auction and sales centres, and sells thousands of vehicles to the public every month.
Join a dynamic, fast paced environment where you can learn, grow and develop.
Accurately complete a checklist for every vehicle that is delivered to site:
- Ensure that there are minimal to no mistakes on the checklist.
- Ensure you detail everything on the checklist about the vehicle and what is left inside the vehicle, ensure that you have a towing slip for each assessment vehicle with a claim number on. Sign every checklist completed. (BI Reports to be drawn on corrections made after checklists was completed)
To follow the 360 Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) in totality:
- Ensure that every new vehicle entering the Yard has a completed, accurate and clean 360 loaded on to the system. (BI Reports to be drawn on number of 360's done and quality of 360's will be measured by BM when signing off on checklists)
Starting ratio's on vehicles arriving at branch:
- Ensure all vehicles with keys are started or you try to get them started when they arrive at the branch and take a photo of rev counter, starting ratio's will be measured on your PD. (BI Reports on changes from non-starter to starters)
Ensure that all vehicles locked and windows are closed /wrapped in plastic where necessary and that all loose parts are secured neatly inside the vehicle, and the batteries terminals were removed, before moving to yard:
- All vehicles entering the yard needs to be correctly wrapped without damage caused to the vehicle, and vehicle must be locked to avoid theft. Ensure battery terminals are removed from battery to avoid fire hazard. (Measured on branch losses / sale cancelations.)
Ensure that all keys received are tagged correctly, recorded and handed over at the end of each day:
- Keys are your responsibility and you must ensure that all keys received on that day are tracked, signed in. Report any key that was misplaced, lost or stolen. (Branch losses + sale cancelations.)
Ensure that all driveable vehicles are driven to the bay allocation:
- No Assessment vehicles must be picked up with a forklift. (Branch Losses)
Ensure that all accident damaged vehicles are moved with the forklift using a plank to the bay allocation:
- You will be measured on damages caused to vehicles. There is to be no damage caused and the plank is to be used at all times. (Branch losses / Sale cancelations)
To assist clients or assessors with viewing or any issue or assist admin with parts to be removed and ensure new 360 is completed if necessary:
- To stand with the client/help clients to remove the correct parts and to ensure 360 is carried out when needed, ensure you give keys back for vehicle you were busy with, Report any irregularities to management.
Ensure that the 360 yard and Assessment Centre is clean and tidy at all times all broken parts removed to the skip:
- If you are on site and the yard is dirty in your area of work you will be held accountable as a team. Make sure that you work together to make the branch clean.
Spare Keys and manuals received from Head office:
- Updating access when keys and manuals received, ensure they are tested for starting and mileages are updated, additional 360 photo is taken if vehicle starts.
Starting and double checking odo / spare wheels for vehicles ready 4 sale:
- Ensure that all vehicles are double checked for starting and km noted, and hand in pre-auction checklist together with keys to manager.
Removal of batteries from ready 4 sale vehicles:
- Ensure that every battery this is removable is removed, keep the piles of removed batteries neat and tidy, make sure that nothing goes missing or is stolen.
Additional photos, Vin queries:
- Assist to go take additional photos as requested.
Marking vehicles ready 4 sale:
- Go and find vehicles ready 4 sale in bond yard and mark them to be taken out to sales floors. Report any irregularities while in the bond yard to the manager.
- Keep offices, kitchen and toilets clean at all times.
- Ensure that the offices, kitchen and toilet areas are clean and the floors are washed.
Cleaning of ready 4 sale vehicles:
- Wash vehicles ready 4 sale and ensure that all rubbish and personal items are removed and thrown away.
Cleaning of yard:
- Cleaning of the yard, sweeping. Grass cutting and weed removal.
General yard work:
- Assist to cover vehicles with plastic, clean yard and report any vehicles that is not locked, covered in plastic, suspected stolen items from vehicles.
Assist where required and requested to do so by management (This includes all reasonable request was made by management.):
- To always assist fellow staff and follow reasonable job instructions