An online marketplace for home services, aiming to transform the local services market by using technology to mobilise and organise small independent (and often informal) businesses. Building easy tools to empower and enrich people professionally. Tools that shorten the distance between having a skill and making a living from it. The platform utilises technology that addresses the root causes of the challenges experienced in the local services market with no barriers to access. The company was voted the best startup in SA in 2016, and has since developed into SA’s largest marketplace for maintenance and renovation.
Looking for someone who can assist in a lot of broad help from a design perspective - they will be involved in the product all the way from continuous research to conducting specific tests and making design choices that ensure our multiple stakeholders have great experiences on the platform.
- Create strong visual designs based on given criteria
- Illustrate design ideas using user experience journeys, storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Gather and evaluate user requirements/designs in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Conceptualize ideas and generate content from a variety of ideas
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- While designing the high-level shape and flow of the experience is your most important responsibility, that’s not where responsibility ends. You also need to be more-than-decent at the high-res design of artefacts, like writing compelling copy and designing beautiful interfaces