Key Performance Areas:
(Essential Duties & Responsibilities)
To perform this job successfully, the appointed individual must be able to perform each essential duty / key performance area satisfactorily. This list of key performance areas is not exhaustive and may be changed/supplemented to accommodate business needs from time to time. This position would also, apart from key performance areas stipulated below, be required to assist the supervisor/manager with other duties from time to time, as may be deemed necessary.
• Responsible for administrative support to a team of Area Sales Managers; admin duties will encompass (not an exhaustive list):
o Preparation of quotations:
Typing of a formal quotation
Binding the quotation with relevant supporting documents and/or brochures
Faxing of quotations (as and when required) + follow up with phone call to confirm receipt
Updating of quotation register
o Typing of contracts for customers
o Issuing of Pro-forma invoices to banks – preparation of information and ensuring accuracy
o Splitting of charge forms
o Maintain and update client database by timeously and accurately supplying information to the marketing department
o General administrative duties (following up with customers for order numbers, faxing, filing, sorting post, binding documents etc.)
o Facilitating the parts/chemicals/stock, ensuring adequate stock levels, stock transfers, stock takes etc.
o Facilitating sourcing and procurement of parts and consumables to ensure that the cost-effective running of the department.
Key Performance Areas:
(Essential Duties & Responsibilities)
• Responsible to ensure orders are placed accurately and timeously – checking documentation for accuracy and completeness, working with sales administrators to resolve problems quickly and efficiently
• Responsible for Credit Applications - checking documentation for accuracy and completeness, ensuring relevant documentation is submitted timeously to Accounts department
o Work in Progress: ensure WIPS are at all times within acceptable parameters/limits
o Debtors: Overall contact person for debtor’s department – receive, distribute, follow up on debtors queries/requests for assistance, prepare and submit feedback either verbally or written to debtors department and manager/supervisor
o Creditors: Overall responsibility to ensure department creditors are managed in line with company policy and requirements: check the reconciliations for outstanding invoices – follow up on those and ensure the outstanding invoices are received, processed and prepared for payment, clear the purchase awaiting invoices report
o Planning: Adhere to forward planning on deliveries and that the planning is communicated to the rest of the sales team members.
o Clearing Accounts: Monitor and address discrepancies monthly.
o Audits: Complete regular audits and address inconsistencies. Audit reports supplied to the manager/supervisor.
• Liaise with Area Sales Managers with regards to queries, problems or complaints.
• Ensuring that team achieves predetermined targets.
• Facilitating customer complaints and queries; foster and maintain the dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; ensure timeous feedback/communication to customers by promptly advising the responsible department to ensure fast and efficient resolution of customer problem
• Overall responsibility to accurately and timeously prepare and distribute scheduled (monthly, weekly and daily) and ad-hoc reports as might be requested by the department manager, e.g.: preparation of weekly department report(s), reports to be submitted to national branch/supervisor/foreman, etc.
• Processing of invoices, creating order numbers, updating of records on Kerridge system (ensuring that jobs are opened and closed as per company standards, accurate and timeous processing of invoices, generating order numbers for both internal and external customers.
• Participative responsibility to grow the department in line with company requirements
• Participation in team/department meetings and development/training initiatives to ensure that the Sales team functions as an efficient resource for the company by continuously evaluating and monitoring quality and accuracy of work, implementing and actively participating in development initiatives in line with company strategic objectives, ensure effective inter-departmental and internal communication and by collaborating and sharing information with colleagues
• Process all documents for STR and LTR contracts as well as monthly and daily invoicing.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills Education / Training and Experience Requirement(s):
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education/training and experience required for this position:
• Grade 12 / Matric plus a minimum of 2 years experience in similar position and environment with exposure to business financial processes and calculations
• Advanced / Expert Computer literacy in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
• Knowledge Requirements:
o Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
o English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
o Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
o Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
o Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
o Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
• Required Skills:
o Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
o Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
o Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
o Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
o Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
o Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
o Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
o Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
o Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Required Abilities:
o Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
o Written Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
o Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
o Speech Clarity — The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
o Near Vision — The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
o Speech Recognition — The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
o Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
o Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
o Category Flexibility — The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
• Work Activities:
o Performing Administrative Activities — Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
o Interacting With Computers — Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
o Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
o Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
o Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
o Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
o Communicating with Persons Outside Organization — Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
o Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
o Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
o Scheduling Work and Activities — Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
• Work Styles:
o Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
o Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
o Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
o Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
o Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
o Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour, even in very difficult situations.
o Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
o Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
o Independence — Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
o Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
o Dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; a strong focus on internal and external customer service
o Strong analytical ability; ability and suitable experience in compiling reports utilising and analysing various data sources and to present it in a user-friendly format
o Strong financial/numerical ability
o Excellent interpersonal skills, including very strong verbal and grammatically correct written English communication skills
o Must be proactive; ability to prioritize and successfully complete multiple tasks timeously; ability to see a project through from start to finish
o Strong administrative ability; very organized and structured approach to completion of tasks; highly developed prioritising and multi-tasking skills; a systematic and structured approach to problem-solving and decision-making; strong sense of urgency; must be able to function effectively under pressure; ability to use initiative and assume responsibility
o Impeccable, friendly and professional telephone manner and in general when dealing with customers both internally and externally
o Ability to function effectively in a group and add value to the team/environment
o Ability to interact with senior management; excellent communication skills with people at all levels in an organization
o Must have an excellent work ethic – honest, reliable, hardworking, dedicated, takes pride in work carried out
o Must be of sober habits, have high energy levels and general good health
o Ability to adapt to and accept change, new ideas, new challenges
Preferred Knowledge, Skills Education / Training and Experience Requirement(s):
• Experience working on the Kerridge system
• Relevant tertiary qualification
Required Certificates, Licences, Registrations:
• Grade 12 / Matric plus proven and relevant experience
The current number of employees reporting directly to this position:
Cost Centre / Budget Accountability:
• Participative responsibility for the achievement of department budget
Impact of Decisions / Actions to Company:
• Efficiency, accuracy and dedication to service excellence in this position will impact on:
o Customer service perceptions and satisfaction
o Fostering of long-term partnerships/relationships with key clients and suppliers
o Profitability and performance to the target of New Equipment Sales department
• Accomplishing company strategic goals
• Good relationships, evidence/commitment to follow-up on customer requests/complaints will have a direct impact on customer satisfaction index and perception of service delivery.
Interdependence with other departments at branch level:
• This position will require interaction with all other departments within the branch, but more focused on PDI.
EE Applicants only!
Please email CV + certified drivers licence + certified ID + certified qualifications and latest Payslip to email@example.com
Please include your minimum Salary expectation & Maximum Salary expectations on the email