This cohesive group of entrepreneurs with their Head Office based in Johannesburg has a national footprint of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) branded stores. This opportunity is in one of their three Rustenburg stores - CBD Rustenburg.
Related retail industry experience would be an advantage as this environment requires a hands-on resilient candidate as retail is demanding, very pacey with volume transactions and cash driven.
This is a generic overview -
- Sufficiently experienced hands-on bookkeeping background (includes cashbook and understanding of balance sheet) -minimum five years; relevant experience
- Accounting tertiary studies is an advantage
- Overseeing staff members including cash office clerks
- Pastel Evolution is utilised hence Pastel accounting and/or QuickBooks experience, as well as good Excel is required. Arch point of sale system an advantage only
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting to head office
- Staff roistering and maintenance of payroll records for submission to head office
- Meeting all deadlines as set out by head office
- Ensure store compliance with set policy and procedures
- Review and reporting back to the Regional Financial Manager /executive committee on a monthly basis on store performance
- Supplier relations and direct payments in consultation with regional accountant / head office
- Liaise with external auditors in conjunction with Regional Financial Manager / group Finance GM
- Any other duties or functions as determined by Store Manager, Regional Financial Manager or Head Office
- Safe guarding of company assets specifically stock, assets and cash
- Able to assist staff manager as required
ONLY IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POST AND ARE UNABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR CV VIA CAREERS24, YOU CAN EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org
CV's that are not directly submitted for this post will not be responded to.