KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· To maintain the Right to Care M&E system relating to all its programmes
· Design, develop, and implement complex web and mobile applications (delivering both front end and back end elements of mobile and web applications)
· Create and modify stored procedures, functions, queries, data models, and other necessary database objects to support software application needs
· Design and develop SSIS and/or DataStage (ETL) packages, configuration files, stored procedures, tables, views and functions
· Help in the design, implementation, verification, debugging, optimizing and maintenance of web and mobile applications as well as the database objects (database design, table design, index creation, stored procedures, views, functions, scripts, etc.)
· Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
· Adhere to published coding standards and documentation requirements.
· Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive data
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Related Degree in Information Technology / Information Systems or Computer Sciences
· Software Development and Database Development Certifications
· Server-side development experience, ideally with Ruby on Rails, Phoenix, Python, PHP or similar OOO and functional languages.
· Relational database development experience, ideally SQL and MySQL with some NoSQL.
· Mobile and responsive development experience, either web or native.
· Some experience with hybrid mobile development and deployment wrappers like: Cordova, Ionic or similar.
· Experience with Websockets and RESTful, JSON or similar APIs
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
· Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle
· Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills, including the delivery and creation of presentations (ability to simplify complex topics into basic concepts)
· Ability to work with senior management, IT staff, and extended user community
· High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with minimal supervision
· Broad knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs
· Strong business acumen and business planning skills
· Effective business communication skills both written and verbal
· Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others
· Understand Agile and other SDLC Methodologies, software release management, testing and QA regimes and processes
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.