Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years in the Clinical Practice of HIV, at least two years of which must involve management of advanced HIV diseases.
- Five years or more in Medical Education
- Experience in research or HAST
- Demonstrable experience in advanced clinical care Programme is beneficial.
- Experience of engagement with national, provincial and district management structures and familiarity with key national TB/HIV initiatives.
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Clinical management of HIV, TB and STI.
- Understanding of national and international trends in HIV medicine/programme management.
- Able to teach and provide expert guidance to multidisciplinary staff at an appropriate level of engagement. Knowledge of research methodologies
- Initiative and Innovation
- Leadership, planning, management and organisational
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Update knowledge on the HIV/STI Programme Strategic Objectives and current HAST Programme priorities.
- Support the efforts of the District and Province at formulating, implementing and monitoring the DIP and PIP respectively.
- Provide advice to Provincial Program Manager and other Right To Care management on HIV program QIP priorities in the District and Province.
- Assist the DoH District and Provincial HAS/CCMT Programme Leads with analysis and interpretation of HAS Outcome data for intervention planning
- Review literature and provide evidence to support HAS program interventions
- Support sites and HAS/CCMT programme leads with the implementation of quality improvement interventions, HIV policies, protocols and guidelines
- Clinical guidance to management.
- Provide guidance on clinical content of training and curriculum
- Participation in local clinical grand rounds
- Provide clinical mentoring, support and coaching for medical officers and nurses
- Identify and develop skills of potential mentors
- Develop standard operating procedures to improve HAS outcomes.
- Monitor the technical assistance rendered by Right To Care teams to the DoH HAS program and ensure integration of Right To Care strategies into the DoH practices