Purpose of the Job: The Junior Laboratory Technician will be responsible for the preparation of test samples of materials in production and the conducting of prescribed physical and chemical tests on samples.
Main Functions of the Job:
· Preparation of test samples of raw materials and finished products daily.
· Performs prescribed physical and chemical tests on samples to ensure that they are in limits of specification daily.
· Prepare and analyse all chemicals.
· Working, maintaining and generating reports from the NIR machine
· Maintaining the GMP, HACCP and ISO quality systems with regards to lab procedures
· Analyse results of tests by recording and computing relevant data daily.
· Using the De Heus LIMS systems.
· Calibration and maintaining of laboratory equipment.
· Reporting of anomalies to Laboratory Supervisor.