· To adhere to the policy of the Company Quality Manual, and abide by the instructions and guidance of System and Operating Procedures.
· To provide support for the database applications, including the following:-
· Database administration.
· User access control.
· Setting up and maintenance of batch processes.
· Monitoring error logs.
· Utilisation of diagnostic and repair tools where necessary to ensure database integrity.
· Assessment of user requirements pertaining to custom reports/”bolt-on” applications.
· Generation of custom reports and “bolt-on” applications (the database administrator may use other resources within the IS departments or subcontractors if necessary).
· User support.
· Coordination of training.
· Liaison with vendor support personnel both nationally and internationally where necessary to resolve problems.
· Implementation of new features/modules/procedures where necessary to improve/streamline the business process.
· Assist with integration of systems across all application databases including: ERP; PLM; T&A and 3GATE.
· To help generate, maintain and implement IS Department Operating Procedures relating to the administration of the database applications.
To provide the BIS Manager with advice and information regarding the ongoing improvement and upgrade of this database application together with any hardware/software/operating system implications thereof.