Employer: Search Guide Services
Sample Prep Operator
Hillside (Richards Bay)
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Perform/Supervise routine analytical techniques related to the established Sample Prep procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES and Duties of the role include but are not limited to:
* Perform the (weighing, drying, crushing, milling, screening & screen checks exactly as per relevant Competence Modules set.
* always Ensure punctuality.
* Ensure customer requirements are achieved with regard to the turnaround time commitments. Report daily production figures to Team Leader/Supervisor and also bona fide explanations for targets not met.
* Follow Team Leaders/Supervisor's clear detailed instructions and demonstrate flexibility in executing the duties.
* Perform housekeeping to ensure that the work areas and surrounding environment is always kept clean.
* Comply and conform to the QHSE policy of the company.
* Must have the basic understanding of the LIMS system.
* Must comply and conform to the Quality Management System.
* Assist with the maintenance of the laboratory instruments and apparatus.
* Must be willing to work overtime/flexible hours when necessary.
* Assist in the monthly stock counts within the department.
* Standing in for Team Leader during his absence
* Adhere to all quality and safety requirements of the SGS management system.
* Perform any other reasonable tasks as assigned by direct line manager
* Ensure quality results are reported.
* Cease the use of any equipment that may be deemed to constitute a safety hazard or enter hazardous environments without the necessary knowledge and protection and report the situation to higher authority to take action.
* Report any faulty and/or non-functioning apparatus or equipment to the Team Leader/Supervisor
* Cease to carry on with work that may affect the quality (integrity) of services and report the situation to higher authority to take action.
* Initiate a formal improvement request when a deviation of the system occurs, possible improvements are identified or when nonconformity is identified.
Grade 12, with Mathematics and Science
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in a laboratory environment.
* Speak, write and understand English
* Weighing, drying, crushing, splitting, screening & milling
NB: If you do not receive any response in 2 weeks consider your application unsuccessful
Apply before Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 16 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.