The purpose of this position is to positively impact cash flow and working capital by ensuring that the achievement of collection targets, essential to the profitability of the company, are met.
· This critical group of employees must be able to maintain a caring, efficient, knowledgeable and effective interface with customers at all times, resolve customer queries and maximise cash collection across the board within credit terms to minimize disconnections.
· This important role must ensure that all credit control responsibilities and duties are carried out accurately and within set time limits, whilst providing a first class service to all our customers.
· The credit controller must manage overdue accounts, reduce the companies risk and minimise losses.
- Debt collection
- Daily management of debts and collections – effective, systematic and prompt follow up of outstanding debt
- Debtor account reconciliations – rectifying of previously mishandled accounts, identify misallocated pmts
- Convert cash paying accounts to debit order thereby improving cash flow
· Promptly resolve all customer queries – internal staff & external clients by providing accurate advice on billing queries
- Submit credit requests to Collections/Credit Control Manager for approval – adhere to internal SLA
- Accurately record all account activity ie. Client contact, inter-departmental inter-action etc.
· Effectively manage the Electronic Task Log/s
- Report to management on outstanding issues and inform them early of potential debtors problems
- Prepare suspension notices and final demands for approval and signature by Collections/Credit Control Manager
- Co-ordinate & request authorisation from Collections/Credit Control Manager for suspension of arrear unpaid accounts
- In the event of bad debt, collate all relevant documentation for account hand over for legal recovery
- All administrative duties, including professional electronic communication with clients
- Meet monthly and quarterly targets
- Compile billing schedules & summaries if and when applicable
- Attend to Ad Hoc tasks (if/when required)