Store Manager needed for dynamic homegrown brand
Technical Outputs (What)
Manages all store management responsibilities
- Achieves the store’s sales plan, promotes and manages turnover in order to achieve targets set
- Manages all administration tasks and ensures that the store is prepared for a store audit
- Manages in-store expenses and ensures that spending is controlled within the expense budget
- Conducts morning sales meetings to discuss sales performance with all staff Attends management training sessions
- Conducts daily and weekly sales reviews with the Assistant Manager to discuss methods of extending the store and the improvement of all service levels
- Sets individual daily, weekly and monthly targets for staff and reviews these regularly Completes cash-ups and banking accurately and in good time
- Fully understands all criteria in the Operations Manual and manages the store according to the Operations Manual Procedures
Manages all staff management responsibilities
- Manages staff in accordance with the procedures contained in Operations and HR file
- Completes staff scheduling within the store’s salary budget (public holidays included)
- Conducts staff succession planning and performance appraisals on a regular basis and ensure that staff files are kept up-to-date
- Together with the Assistant Manager, provides weekly staff training on product, customer service, multiple sales, merchandising, store discipline, policies and security
- Participates in the recruitment of all store staff
Ensures that the store provides great customer service
- Maintains good customer service skills throughout the store and provides training to store staff to further enhance their customer service skills
- Maintains high levels of product knowledge and knowledge about the designers stocked in the store
- Promotes sales and assists the store in achieving sales targets
- Helps customers to select items which may suit their requirements
Maintains excellent merchandising standards
- Maintains the visual merchandising standards within the store in accordance to the Visual File and regular Visual Directives
- Conducts general store housekeeping to ensure that all areas are kept neat and tidy and that all fixtures are in good working order
Manages stock control and store security
- Remains alert at all times to ensure the security of the store, staff and merchandise
- Maintains pilferage control levels of less than 0.5% of turnover
- Manages all risk transactions on a daily basis
Adheres to company expectations
- Ensures that company policies and rules are followed at all times
- Ensures that all memo's and instructions received from time to time are actioned promptly.
- Completes Daily, Weekly & Monthly Tasks accurately and in good time.
- Maintains good lines of communication with all staff, Senior Management and Head Office and asks questions to clarify understanding when necessary
Behavioral Outputs (How)
Creates and manages effective teams
- Uses people management skills to facilitate a supportive environment where honesty and integrity are valued
- Applies disciplinary action fairly and in accordance with company procedure
Listens to and fully involves others in team decisions and actions; values and uses individual differences and talents.
- Shares important or relevant information with the team.
- Fulfils team responsibilities and demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
Maintains customer focus
- Coaches new members of the team on how they can improve their customer service abilities
- Interacts with customers in order to understand their needs and expectations
- Shares information with customers to educate them about the products on offer
- Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems within the boundaries of store procedures
Manages own activities and those of others
- Prioritizes own duties and tasks as well as those of other people and assists in the adjustment of priorities when appropriate to ensure that work is completed on time.
- Follows-up on the work assigned to other people to ensure that it is done accurately and in good time
- Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
- Dedicates the required time and energy to duties or tasks to ensure that high standards are maintained and works to overcome obstacles to completing work.
- Accepts responsibility for outcomes (positive or negative) of one’s actions and admits mistakes and refocuses efforts when necessary.