The operations supervisor role is one which involves overseeing the production of goods and provision of services. Part of your duties as an operations manager is to make sure our organisation is running as well as it possibly can, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers, clients and all stakeholders. This job role includes monitoring and analysing the current system of production to check its effectiveness and developing/implementing strategies for improving if and where necessary. You will be required to manage the day-to-day activities of the organisation including analysing statistics as well as report reading and writing.
You will be required to work with other team members, including interacting with managers of different areas of the organization, presenting findings to stakeholders and higher management as well as train and supervise new employees and tracking and measuring of staff performance. You will be required to work full-time doing standard office hours, but overtime in evenings and at weekends may be necessary, especially during busy periods.
You will be required to be proficient in establishing and maintaining processes and procedures. A systematic organised approach to work is vital. Apart from handling general daily matters you will be required to set goals and targets, monitor the progress and make changes if necessary. You will require good communication and interpersonal skills, for dealing with many types of people at all levels in a direct diplomatic way. An understanding of customer/client requirements is also necessary. You should be proficient in planning, in order to allow you to build projections for production and installation teams.
Strong leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritising and delegation, are required. You must be able to lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate your team, and always seeking to improve best practice.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
The employee will be required to perform the following duties:
Business Unit - Sales
- 1) Follow up on all sales leads received via website, phone or any other medium. This will include calling clients to set up site meetings for assessment, measuring and quoting.
- 2) Handling client queries, providing general customer service and support
Business Unit – Finance
- 1) Laising with the finance department at all stages of the sales, manufacturing and installation process to ensure that money is collected according to company policy. Ensuring that quality standards are monitored and are kept in line with predetermined standards to avoid financial disputes with clients.
- 2) Ensuring proper project management of contracts. Keeping within the site program requirements so as to not incur penalties for late delivery.
Business Unit – Human Resources
- To maintain discipline amongst staff. To implement disciplinary procedures when and where necessary. To ensure staff adhere to company rules and regulations.
- To supervise and manage staff under your span of control
- To motivate and counsel staff when necessary
Business Unit – Operations
- 1) Planning of production and installation teams. Setting goals and monitoring performance of the production and installation teams. Controlling deviations from set performance standards
- 2) Updating of all whiteboards with current projects
- 3) Organise resources to meet company objectives
- 4) Schedule weekly team meetings
- 5) Schedule weekly performance and target reviews with both production and installation staff
- 6) Attend all site meetings
- 7) Manage site and factory requirements for health and safety
- 8) Fleet management for all vehicles. Ensure that drivers are doing weekly checks on vehicles. Manage and monitor fuel consumption, servicing and maintenance of vehicles
- 9) Despatching of vehicles, including checking of delivery notes
- 10) Toolbox inventory check on a weekly basis
- 11) Assisting with signing of job cards by clients
- 12) Opening and closing of the business premises on a daily basis
- 13) Assisting with final accounts on completion of projects
- 14) Total quality management of production and installation staff
- 15) Quality check on all installations and getting client to sign of on completion certifcates