Our client requires a LABORATORY ADMINISTRATION CLERK to assist in their Sample Selection Department.
• Fluency in both Afrikaans & English.
• Fully computer literate.
• Good organisational skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to use initiative and work under pressure.
• Previous laboratory, or testing experience would be an advantage.
• Unpack samples received from clients whilst operating within the laboratory's health, safety and personal protective equipment policies.
• Numbering and processing samples received from clients, sorting samples for different departments within the laboratory.
• Data inputting samples onto the LIMS computer system.
• Liaise with clients when there are queries
• Sorting submission forms for different departments within the laboratory.
• Scanning submission forms and external results.
• Filing submission forms and external results and maintaining filing system.
• Assist in the day to day maintenance of the laboratory including stock levels and cleaning.
• Checking new stock deliveries.
• Preparing samples/goods to send between laboratories or clients.
• Performing basic sample preparation.
• Operate switchboard and reception in the afternoons only.
• Tasks as defined by senior members of staff.
Salary offered: Market related
Kindly note – Should not have heard back from us within 7 days’ of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful and keep an eye on our website for future opportunities.