Our clientis looking for a dynamic EDW / BI Architect to join our organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the enterprise-wide data warehouse and BI strategy and delivery capabilities, which will enable a robust business intelligence and business decision support system that supports users, processes, and business units across the organisation in the context of the organisational strategy.
You would have influenced at a senior level across corporate functions with the successful implementation of key BI solutions/projects, whilst operating comfortably in set governance and methodologies. This role will focus on immediate and future “to be” architecture and a research and development approach and experience is critical to illustrate your fit as the perfect candidate!
The prime purpose is to work with colleagues to ensure that enabling data solutions and tools are in place to support the organisations’ key decision-making processes, and management of a strategic enterprise-wide data warehouse and business intelligence solution.
If you are passionate about Business Intelligence Architecture and are able to see the ‘bigger picture’, then this is the opportunity for you! Solid experience within a relevant industry/market will be valued and ensure the best data solutions are introduced whilst aligning and integrating with the wider enterprise architecture.
- Job-related knowledge in data warehouse and business intelligence architecture, with a sound knowledge of IT solutions governance standards (TOGAF, ITIL);
- Understand enterprise architectural principles;
- Ensure that new solutions being introduced into the business are aligned to the enterprise architectural principles relating to standards and integration into the Business;
- Understand underlying architecture for all retail business systems;
- Work with colleagues throughout the organisation to design and deliver the aspirations and vision set out by the Data Strategy;
- Collaborate with colleagues across the organisation to develop a good understanding of their data inputs, outputs and future needs, and how they inter-relate to inform future decisions and direction within the group;
- Understand and assess data and information requirements, oversight of integration and acceptance testing, support the development of training and implementation material, participate in the implementation, and provide post-implementation oversight as necessary to ensure processes are effective, efficient, understood and embedded;
- Development of data models and analytical tools which clearly communicate the key successes and innovation of the organisations’ BI data strategy;
- Implement methods, techniques, or criteria for data warehousing evaluative procedures;
- Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimisation of data access with batch loading and resource utilisation factors, according to customer requirements;
- Design and implement data warehouse database structures;
- Create or implement metadata processes and modify/create supporting frameworks (data and system models);
- Review designs, codes, test plans, or documentation to ensure quality; and
- Develop or maintain standards, such as structure for the design of data warehouse elements, such as data architectures, models, tools, and databases.
Skill, knowledge, and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with substantial experience of successful delivery of targets when working in an office environment;
- Track record of working collaboratively with a range of colleagues to achieve desired outcomes;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, keep momentum and deal with conflicting priorities in an environment undergoing a programme of transformational change;
- Strong time management, planning, and organisational skills, with a flexible approach to workloads;
- Proven skills in designing, documenting and delivering the architectural and data requirements of data marts, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions;
- Ability to evaluate and recommend to senior colleagues on the appropriate technology for Extract, Transform and Load (ETL), business intelligence and other elements of an enterprise-wide data repository and reporting solution;
- Experience in data architecture, data warehousing, master data management, enterprise information integration and ETL using a cross-section of technologies and programming languages;
- Experience with data analysis, modelling, and design specific to a data warehouse, manipulating and modelling large amounts of data from many and diverse sources;
- Experience with the design of large scale ETL solutions integrating multiple source systems;
- Experience using different development methodologies including Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development;
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of common data requirements as they relate to the finance, sales, marketing and contact center organisations (Understands the impact of the data models on complex business issues across many functions and departments);
- Ability to mentor others and provide technical direction on data architecture, reporting, warehousing, and Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) design; and
- Ability to communicate design solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly identifying and articulating the benefits to the business of recommended solutions and approaches.
- More than 10 years’ Microsoft SQL Server implementation and development experience (SQL 2016 or higher will be an advantage);
- More than 10 years’ Microsoft SSIS implementation and development experience - proven track record implementing ETL & ELT process;
- More than 10 years’ Microsoft SSAS implementation and development experience - proven track record building Multi-dimensional cubes and Tabular cubes;
- More than 10 years’ Microsoft SSRS implementation and development experience - Mobile report development would be an advantage;
- More than 7 years’ experience with advanced visualization platforms like Tableau, PowerBI or QlikSense (advantage would be given to knowledge of Pyramid Analytics);
- More than 7 years’ Microsoft PowerShell implementation and development experience;
- More than 5 years’ experience working with R-Script or Python; and
- More than 5 years’ experience working with a highly parallel environment e.g. SPARK, Hadoop or H