Employer: Farm Manager SA
Mumbwa Area â Zambia: The successful candidate will, through the selected team of field extension officers promote and maximize the production levels of the small farming divisions. This position involves admin, field and travel work within this international company
- Agricultural Degree and or Business Degree
- Min of 8 previous years’ experience in similar role
- Experience relating to smalls scale farming relationships and business models
- Flair and experience with sound business practice
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Financial background
- Proven ability to work well within a group
- Effective management skills
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Physically strong for field work and travel
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: - including but not limited to:
- Selection and implementation of a credible and accountable outgrower team.
- Planning an integrated outgrower model and implementation within certain guidelines.
- Preparing an outgrower budget and providing detailed reports in line with budget adhesion or diversion.
- Providing support to outgrower farmers to maximise the productivity and ensuring maximum returns for the farmers as well as the outgrower business.
- Designing and implementing controls and systems that can monitor and evaluate the performance of the Outgrower team members. Implement software and technology that provide sufficient data for the monitoring, evaluation and control of the business, its farmers and employees.
- Design and implement a procurement system for all grains produced by the outgrower business and be accountable for the performance of the business. Ensure the procurement and payment of all farmers are in line and all stock balances are maintained and reported on.
- Communicate regularly, clearly and consistently with written reports on the performance of the business and ensure comprehensive reporting from each of the employees within your department.
- Maintain a good relationship between employer and employees in the department and give concise direction to the employees daily. Maintain a close relationship with the farmers with a view to grow the business organically year on year.
- Maintain strict adherence to the outgrower Policy of the company and maintain the “face” of the department permanently.
- Maintain the issuing of the relevant inputs to responsible farmers and be accountable for any stock deviation relating to inputs and procured grain.
- Conduct monthly appraisals for employees on a monthly basis with a clear reference to pre agreed KPI’s and deliverables
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to email@example.com or upload to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000319
Apply before Saturday, October 5, 2019 - 16 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.