A brand new, fantastic opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to lead a team in advancing their experience with an investment insurance business! Their highly innovative focus is driving them to develop top tier systems. If you are excited to upskill yourself and others in an environment that believes coding every day, then you are the perfect fit!
If you are looking for a relationship with a company that enables greatness - apply now!!
Design, code, test, debug and correct program modules in development. Provide support and maintenance of computer systems. Produce complex specifications and implement systems enhancements. Work with the system architect to define the system design and then develop and test the necessary code that will be deployed.
· BSc (IT/computer science) or any other relevant computer science degree
· Formal Java qualification
· Technical Lead experience
· Three years of systems development experience in Java/Java EE Development patterns
· Front-end frameworks
· Spring framework
· JSP, HTML and Struts experience
· SOAP, XML, XSLT and Web Services
· JBoss Seam, JSF, RichFaces and/or IceFaces
· Linux experience
· Web Security experience
Duties and responsibilities:
· Design of the system architecture
· Assistance with the production of technical specifications;
· Design solutions across multiple systems.
· Strong technical knowledge across multiple disciplines (such as development patterns, MVC, front-end frameworks, Spring framework, performance and optimisation)
· Debug across multiple systems
· Build and maintain systems;
· Integrate new systems with existing ones
· Analyse existing systems to evaluate user requirements, assist with technical specifications.
· Lead small team of developers on various projects
· Detailed design capabilities to ensure that the system is designed to consider dimensions such as security, performance, and user friendliness
Reference number for this position is LV47296 which is a fixed-term contract position based in Sandton offering a salary of up to R950k per annum highly negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Zara on zarahH@e-merge.co.za or call her on XXX-XXXX to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? The e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website www.e-merge.co.za for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!