• Agricultural Diploma/Degree
- Horticultural qualification and experience highly advantageous
• Min of 7 years previous agricultural management experience
- Previous experience with Quinoa and Chia essential
• Computer literate
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership skills
Key performance areas include but not limited to:
• Planning and programming of works relating to the planting through harvesting of Quinoa, Chia mainly – then Potatoes, Maize wheat, soya, sugar beans and other row crops. Experience in the super food and organic industry will be beneficial. Horticultural experience is also required.
• Planning and implementation of all irrigation scheduling.
• Planning & Management of large numbers of farm labour.
• Planning & Management of all farm tractors, implements and other resources to effectively and efficiently deliver on prescribe deliverables.
• Pest & disease Management control.
• The Farm Manager will have a superior knowledge of the use of tractors, combines and implements, associated to the crops mentioned above.
• The Farm manager will have sound mechanical experience and be in a position to least identify the mechanical issues that arise and effective have repairs conducted. He will be able to calibrate agricultural equipment and have sufficient experience with planters, spreaders, sprayers and land preparation equipment.
• Ensure all the equipment, including tractors, implements and all other equipment is receiving the maintenance and care required through collaborations with the workshop teams.
• All equipment will be the responsibility of the Farm Manager until the point of hand over to the workshop Manager. All cleaning, greasing and preventative maintenance will be the responsibility of the farm manager. Administration and Records
• The candidate will be able to assist the operations manager with the preparation of farm budgets and ensure that all records are kept daily to ensure that budgets are strictly adhered to.
• All records relating to the management of all resources including labour management, inputs allocation and vehicle usage will be the responsibility of the farm manager. Communication
• The candidate will be able to provide all the necessary information to the operations manager to ensure that decisions can be made to efficiently and effectively mitigate matters that may arise.
• The Farm manager will be able to communicate concisely to farm labour and effectively derive understanding to ensure delivery of the expectations on a daily basis.
• The farm manager will be able to effectively communicate across a wide spread of cultures and be in a position to manage conflict within the teams. Personnel: Development, Relationships and Welfare
The candidate will be sincere and have a structured approach to ensuring the work force and relationships are harnessed. Staff welfare will be the sole responsibility of the Farm Manager and all policies relating to the staff and management thereof will be strictly in line with the company code of conduct.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload to this specific position via www.farmmanagersa.co.za or CLICK THIS LINK and apply directly https://www.placementpartner.co.za/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000292