An international Geospatial data, software and services provider is seeking to employ a GIS Data Sourcing Specialist to join their Africa team on a consultant contract basis, to be based in Luanda, Angola.
This position will be the go-to person for Angola and will require expertise in local language, geographical know-how, mapping regulations and must have good industry connections.
- Finding sources – The client is actively looking for data to ingest, compare and integrate into their geospatial and mapping solutions.
- Innovative business solutions and collaboration with local market & community - Network in the region with governments, private sector, local partners and NGO’s to facilitate our information needs.
- Be an extension of the client on the ground – This person will be responsible for being an antenna for the client in the region with regards to all matters including data, solutions, clients, competition, economy, etc.
- Quality and market – Ensure the regional data and product quality is up to standard, both with regards to reality on the ground, as well as what the market and the competition is offering.
- The GIS side – Perform GIS orientated queries, manipulation and source handling and therefore solid GIS skills are essential.
- Coordination - Coordinate large projects in the region with freelancers, partners and other employees in Africa to facilitate and deliver projects.
Experience & Requirements
- Degree in GIS or Business with related geo-spatial experience
- 5 years plus GIS experience
- Mapping/cartography experience in Africa
- Sourcing experience of mapping content in Africa
- Interaction with government and private business entities related to the data sphere
- Professional experience in data sourcing (finding, creating and interpreting various types of data in various formats)
- Proven coordination and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of GIS and Office tools
- Solid business experience in the local geo-spatial business and governmental sphere
- Solid verbal and written communication skills in English & local languages. Other regional languages can be an advantage
- Intercultural skills to understand and handle cultural differences in an efficient and professional manner
- Self-managing with regards to deliverables, time, and own initiative
- Own reliable vehicle (mode of transport), licence and valid passport
- Ready to travel frequently within African countries.
- Experience and exposure with the following will be beneficial – Commercial aspect of business, European or other global corporate cultures, procurement/purchasing and management of suppliers.
- Market related salary, negotiable and based on experience