Employer: Datafin Recruitment
A leading digital production agency seeks a forward-thinking Digital Project Manager to join its team. You will be responsible for the daily management of various client projects that includes delivery of dynamic CMS websites
and mobile application development projects. You will require a relevant Degree or tertiary qualification, 3+ years within an IT, development or agency environment, be able to create BRS, SOW, FSD, MS Project Plan documentation for projects, have worked with Waterfall / Agile / SCRUM methodologies & track sprint roadmaps versus timelines to gauge project progress, etc.
* Proposals & Cost Estimates - Assist the Sales Process by scoping the initial client requirements to provide accurate cost estimates and detailed proposal documentation.
* Requirements Planning - One of your most important responsibilities is to ensure that every project delivered is properly analysed, scoped and the right solution proposed based on various factors including client requirements and budget. Business requirements are normally captured in a Statement of Works (SOW) document.
* Functional Planning - This includes interpreting the SOW and business rules / requirements and together with the development team, you formulate the right solution. This can be done by analysing client analytics metrics, as well as discussions with key stakeholders, including the client stakeholders; client target users (where possible); development team; project managers; and designers.
* Product Management - Working together with client stakeholders and your internal project team, you will own the backlog. Using tools like JIRA to manage your projects, will be an important aspect to the role, where you will breakdown projects into Epics; user stories; tasks and features which outline the functionality requirements and business rules/logic. Acceptance Criteria will be added to all tickets forming part of the QA Test Plans, against which manual testing is done.
* Project Team Management - You will manage the project team for your individual projects. Your team (including clients; contractors; developers; QA's; should look to you as the go to person for any questions concerning your projects. You will also be responsible for reviewing contractor cost estimates, before getting them approved.
* Testing / QA - You will oversee the solution from a quality perspective and ensure
* bugs /tasks are raised in a timely manner and in accordance with your project plan.
* Risk Management - When business conditions change, or new features requested may affect scope, you need to revaluate how it could impact the project and provide cost estimates based on these new requirements.
* Documentation - Produce quality documentations of a consistently high standard, that can be shared with clients and which clients find easy to understand.
* R&D - Keep abreast of the latest technologies, best practices and standards. Conduct knowledge sharing sessions with the team. It's important that you understand the capabilities of the various CMS platforms we work with, to ensure that you can recommend the right platform solution to client project and upsell new functionality and/or opportunities based on what the CMS capabilities can offer.
* Time Tracking & Reporting - On all projects you will be responsible for ensuring that your entire project team are logging their time daily, so that you can pull monthly timesheets and report against Project actuals vs Project budget/costs. You will work with the finance department to ensure that quotes and invoices are sent.
* A Degree or similar qualification.
* 3+ Years within an IT, development or agency environment.
* Interfacing with clients and managing client expectations.
* Creating BRS, SOW, FSD, MS Project Plan documentation for projects.
* Working with Waterfall / Agile / SCRUM methodologies and ability to refine & merge processes accordingly.
* Tracking sprint roadmaps versus timelines to gauge project progress.
* End to end project testing and ability to implement 'Testing & QA' processes.
* Excellent website analytics; data analysis and numerical skills.
* Tracking and analysing project budgets/estimates versus actuals and reporting back to management on project commercials.
* Understanding of CMS platforms like Umbraco (very advantageous); EPiServer; and WordPress.
* Advanced skills in Micros oft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & MS Project are essential.
* Experience creating high quality, well-formed and well written documentation.
* Knowledge of SEO best practices.
* Military-like organisational and time management skills, with the ability to very comfortably juggle multiple projects/tasks.
* A team player with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities.
* Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
* A passion for the online industry a true digital enthusiast!
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com . Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Apply before Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 21 Days left
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.