Experience: Marketing Manager:
• 7 years of progressively more responsible positions in marketing, preferably in a similar industry.
• Experience supervising and managing a professional marketing team.
Education: Marketing Manager:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field required.
• Masters in Business or Marketing preferred.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Characteristics: Marketing Manager
• Expert in the internet and social media strategy with a demonstrated track record on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets that are significant in company outreach.
• Proven working experience in digital marketing
• Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
• Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
• Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools
• Working knowledge of ad serving tools
• Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• Strong effective communicator.
• Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Ability to coordinate the efforts of a large team of diverse creative employees.
• Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Commitment to continuous learning.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, customer evangelism, and customer-focused product development and outreach.
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
• Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
• Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment in a small to a medium-sized company without marketing staff on the same level. Structured, departmentalized or large company experience will not work here.
• Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in marketing including PR, written communication, website development, market research, product packaging, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products, and creative services.
• Experienced in advising product teams about potential markets, desirable product features, go-to-market best practices, and measuring the success of outreach and product sales.
• Experience managing external PR and communication consulting firms and contractors.
• Experience in the global marketplace is a plus. Managing global marketing teams or agencies is a plus.
High-Level Overview of Job Requirements: Marketing Manager:
The selected marketing manager must be able to perform effectively in each of these areas:
• Researching and evaluating new product opportunities, demand for potential products, and customer needs and insights.
• Overall marketing strategy and execution of plans for the existing products.
• Serve as a partner to finance and product development in determining the viability of potential markets before the production of a product with no business case or strategy prepared in advance.
• Working with product development teams to manage new product development.
• Managing launch campaigns for new products.
• Managing distribution channels for products.
• Ensuring effective, branded marketing communications including the company website, print communication, and advertising.
• Managing media and marketing staff and external PR agencies.
• Analysis of the effectiveness of all marketing efforts including their contribution to the effectiveness of sales campaigns.
The marketing manager position is expected to contribute a great deal to the effectiveness of the company in identifying products and markets, suggesting sales strategies and approaches, and in measuring the results of all of the efforts. It is also responsible for all efforts of the marketing department and staff.