Looking to work for a leading software development company, were you become part of something bigger.
Then Entelect Software is the company for you. You will become part of a team of ambitious, confident, motivated and smart people, who will inspire you to go further, to do more than you thought possible.
We believe that if we give you everything you need to be successful, you will be. That you will become more and do great things.
What we’ve worked on lately
At Entelect, we’re working on more than 80 projects at any given time. Here are some to whet your appetite:
- Building loyalty platforms designed to drive consumer behaviour and help improve the health and wellness of South Africans.
- Designing and developing high-performance web applications that enable multinational organisations to track risks, including fraud and white collar crime, across the globe, in real time.
- Developing software for a surgical skill simulation portal that measures surgical skill proficiency; enabling trainee surgeons to practice, track and measure their skills remotely.
- Imagining, designing and implementing an Android app for an agricultural company to help agronomists and sales agents share valuable data in real time; optimising smart agriculture solutions in an industry that is highly susceptible to minor fluctuations in conditions.
- Helping one of South Africa’s largest vehicle fleet management companies accurately price project costs for hundreds of specialised vehicles, down to the cents per kilometre, to provide more competitive products to consumers.
- Developing reliable processes, visual dashboards and tracking tools to monitor the delivery of schoolbooks across South Africa.
- Learning and implementing complex tax and duty tracking tools that enable the world’s largest commodity traders to operate in multiple markets.
What your typical day could look like
You arrive at the office and join your colleagues for the morning team coffee run, while discussing the social meet-up that’s happening tonight. You make a mental note to let your partner know that you’ll be out for dinner. That’s on us.
This morning’s stand up highlights a problem that a team member is facing. You volunteer to help them out. An hour of pair programming later, your team member is on the right track meaning you can move onto that other big ticket item you’ve been designing in your head for the past few days.
You put your headphones on and set about coding your design into a reality. After seeing that your unit tests pass, you commit and push…and watch in anticipation as the build monitor lets you know that it’s been deployed. Awesome!
Before grabbing lunch, you get side-tracked by a debate taking place in another squad. You add your two cents, biased because you love Facebook and care less about the weird licencing. High fives and back pats all round. Good job!
You have 20 minutes free before your demo, so you decide to knock off some technical debt. You spend the next hour having a successful demo with the customer and then rush off to a training session on A-B testing. With a happy customer and having learnt something new, you stop by the bar for a beer with your colleagues while deciding whether to stay for an evening of LAN or head straight home,
Today was a good day. Tomorrow will be too.