An excellent opportunity exists for an Audit Manager at a well-established firm of committed chartered accountants and registered auditors. The firm is seeking to permanently employ an Audit Manager with 2+ years supervisory experience. This role will be based in Roodepoort.
The firm is looking for a self-confident individual with two years post articles experience, who likes to work as part of a team, but is also willing to take initiative and capable of working independently.
The firm operates within a large variety of industries, ranging from auditing, independent reviews, financial management and accounting, tax administration and planning, business and transactional consulting, secretarial services, wills, estate planning and administration.
The appointee will be responsible for the performing and management of various functions within the business and will report directly to the Director.
Assisting the director as needed, but not limited to:
- Examine, analyse, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME’s)
- Reviewing of Auditing (A-risk and normal), independent review and compilation files for reporting to Director
- Responsible to ensure quality and risk management in the review process
- Training of the SAICA and SAIPA trainees and managing related external training
- Responsible for budgeting and meeting set targets for the department as a whole
- Supervising 10 staff members to achieve targets
- Ensuring overall quality of work of the office and meeting deadlines
- Managing client base with regards to work to be done, fees and debtors
- Reviewing of monthly management accounts
- Managing the budget and planning of the branch
- Assisting the director with staff evaluation, feedback and disciplinary process
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Take responsibility for own work and those of others in the branch to ensure that budgets and targets are met
- Assisting the firm with the implementation of Xero and other reporting tools
- BCom (Honours) in Accounting or equivalent degree studied at SAICA accredited university
- 2 + years direct management / supervision experience
- Completed SAICA articles
- Registered with a professional body (i.e. SAICA, SAIPA)
- Able to perform all the duties as noted above
- Must demonstrate personal and time management skills in order to ensure deadlines are met.
- A meticulous and detailed person for the initial review on files to be performed
- Must be good at leading a team and persons from different backgrounds
- High Technical ability (IFRS, Companies Act, International Standards of Auditing, Tax)
- Good knowledge of external audit methodology
- Caseware knowledge and experience is a benefit
Salary – R30k to R45k, negotiable depending on experience.