· Provide leadership and direction to assigned labour
· Ensure sufficient task analysis are completed to carry work out safely
· Ensure adherence to safe working procedures and systems
· Coordinate and allocate work to trade employees in accordance with directions
· Request equipment, materials and consumables as required
· Monitor the use of materials, care of equipment and plant to minimise waste and damage
· Prepare short-term schedules at an agreed frequency ie. Daily and weekly
· Assist in the management of a harmonious environment, team building and training of apprentices and other employees as required.
· Help with technical queries and job cards
· Ensure housekeeping is ongoing by maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
· Enforce safety rules through ongoing communication and Toolbox meetings.
· Reporting daily on progress, status, risk and issues associated with manufacturing
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· An in-depth understanding and working knowledge of the manufacturing environment
· Contract/contractor management knowledge and skills
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
· Experience in planning and implementation of work activities
· Good planning, integration and resources management skills
· Interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with multiple disciplines both internally and externally.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentations and report writing
· Computer literacy