ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - Construction (High Rise Buildings) - Saudi Arabia
Salary negotiable (Tax free)
Single or married status
30 days leave per annum + 2x Eid holidays of 5 days each with public holidays
Education allowance for children
Utilities free of charge
Experience and Qualifications: List the background experience required for the position, number of years’ experience, in what fields. Describe the desirable academic background.
1. B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
2. Minimum of 10 years of field electrical engineering experience and design works, preferably for new multi-story buildings or developments.
3. Field Construction or working knowledge for supervision of building; electrical installations, testing and commissioning of low and medium voltage systems and equipment, basic relay and protection operation, transformers, lighting systems, cabling, general load flows and calculations. Experience with Construction drawings, One-lines, Shop drawings, Material submittals, and appropriate electrical codes and requirements (NEC, IEC or other related building codes and standards).
4. Must have a Driver’s License
5. Must be able to communicate in both spoken and written English skills.
6. Be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude to solve problems and get things done.
7. Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office is required (Word, Excel, Power Point).
8. Read construction schedules (Primavera and/or MSProject).
9. AutoCAD is a benefit, but not a requirement.
10. LEEDS, energy savings, or other Green technology experience is not a requirement , but would be big plus.
Principal Objective: A brief summary of the responsibilities of the position.
Field supervisory electrical engineering position in building construction management. Application of electrical engineering expertise on electrical distribution and service utility systems – specifically; multi-story buildings, MV infrastructure and equipment, building power systems, lighting, electric panels, ducts, and wiring, HVAC power, fire alarm, security, telecommunications and other low voltageBsystems
Responsible for monitoring and inspection of on-site electrical installation and testing work activities. Provides technical guidance to contractors, and utilizes his expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications.
Organizational Relationship: A brief synopsis of reporting relationships i.e., reports to, supports section, group, etc.; interfaces with senior management, clients, etc.
Receives administrative and technical direction from Project Manager (PM) or Senior Resident Construction Manager (SRCM).
Frequent contacts requiring the capability to persuade, influence and/or motivate all levels of contractor representatives and team field engineers. Frequent contacts and coordination with senior management and client representatives.
3. Major Activities Performed: List the major job function(s) of the position.
1. Resident Field Construction Engineer – representing the Client/Owner, for 20 story office building to be built from green site.
2. Monitors contractors’ electrical installation and testing activities.
3. Provide leadership to the General Contractor in the construction of the project through technical expertise and diplomatic persuasion.
4. Witnesses contractor’s quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the applicable codes, standards, and approved drawings and specifications.
5. Witnesses all testing, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up activities to assure contractors’ compliance with the approved plans and procedures. Reviews tests results generated by the independent test agencies, and approves those complying with the specification requirements.
6. Reviews contractor’s electrical shop and as-built drawings, quality assurance procedures, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, Operation and Maintenance Manuals and approves and/or coordinates approval of same.
7. Reviews and approves electrical equipment and materials per contract specifications.
8. Review cost proposals and applications for payment submitted by the Contractor for Electrical work. Verify that electrical items submitted for invoice billing or Work Estimates are justified. Determine percentage of work completed for electrical trades and design disciplines.
9. Clarifies the requirements of the Contract Documents for the Contractor via responding to RFI.
10. Assists Contractor with local electric utilities MV and telecommunication systems, work permits, witnessing and inspections, and documentation such as permitting, relay coordination, energization procedures on all aspects of tie-in work for new equipment, cables, or additions to existing systems.
11. Perform conceptual and detailed estimates of potential changes to the project’s Electrical work.
12. Verify the accuracy of Prices and Quantities included in the Contract Documents for Electrical work.
13. Collaborate with Royal Commission staff in expediting all critical aspects of site development and building construction.
14. Identifies and makes recommendation to electrical design issues during construction. Identifies and reports on discrepancies in original design or in contract documents which necessitate contract modifications.
15. Coordinates with other Client’s End User Departments, and possibly US based Engineering and LEED teams.
16. Initiates and prepares for PM’s or SRCM’s signature electrical related letters, memos and correspondence.