Employer: IQbusiness - Vacancies
IQbusiness is looking for Senior Business Analysts with a specialisation in Payments (Payments Subject Matter Experts - SMEs) to join our growing team. Knowledge of electronic, card and / or wholesale / high value payment streams is a requirement. Understanding of the National Payment System (NPS) and its developments, including modernisation, is also required.
The Payments Business Analyst Consultant is responsible for data analysis and mapping, system configuration, implementation, consultative training and/or reinforcement of training, and implementation support of payments software applications for new and existing clients. Follow project standards within established timeframes and at defined quality levels, and ensure projects are completed according to schedule and client specifications. This position is client-facing and requires travel to the client site as the project warrants. Work performed is typically moderately complex.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Payments Business Analyst Consultant will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interact with client, consultatively, to determine project requirements and needs analysis.
- Establish and/or assist client with configuring system parameters and controls based on client’s business practices and processes; recommend best practices; review setup with clients and gain client acceptance. Use subject matter knowledge to advise the client on the most suitable options.
- Conduct data analysis and mapping activities for assigned applications if applicable. Analyse source data files and map data to target application for use by technical resources to develop programs.
- Provide on-site or remote support during client conversions as applicable.
- Establish and/or assist client with establishing system parameters and controls based on client’s business practices and processes, recommend best practices, review setup with clients, and gain client acceptance.
- Test and troubleshoot system configuration and functionality.
- Validate new system input, output, and connectivity. Identify, research, and assist in resolving any issues with technical resources.
- Facilitate converted database validation work sessions with clients as applicable.
- Assess and report risks during project and participate in the development and implementation of mitigation plans.
- Communicate project scope, status, and risks to all stakeholders.
- Record accurate and timely accounting of time spent on project related activities.
- Follow established project, departmental, company procedures and quality standards.
- Follow established project management standards. Provide activities related to the management of assigned implementation projects to bring the project to a timely close and transition the client appropriately.
- Complete post-implementation tasks in a timely manner.
- Update internal documentation as applicable.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal staff including, but not limited to, sales, development, support, training, and professional services as needed.
- Participate in the development of implementation or training content. Conduct software training and/or reinforce prior training to both external clients and internal staff.
- Maintain, enhance, and broaden knowledge and skills of software applications, industry practices and developments.
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in relevant area of expertise, preferably for a financial institution or an industry software company.
- Must have financial services experience as a Business Analyst (data, process and business analysis).
- Must have minimum of 7+ years’ worth of payments-related delivery experience.
- University Qualification, Certificate or Diploma, aligned to relevant experience.
- Client facing service experience required. Engagement across stakeholders and ability to run information gathering sessions
- Software implementation, support, or training experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with various project management disciplines preferred (Agile, Prince2, PMBoK).
- Relevant Bachelors’ Degree / Diploma / recognised qualification from an accredited tertiary institution is a must
- Formal (FTI Certification) or practical experience in the BABOK
- Multiple process notations (BPMN 2.0; Enterprise Architecture; Enterprise-Driven Process Chains - epc). Level 1 – 4 process experience
- Business Writing Skills (business cases, respective BA artefacts)
- Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Data Modelling (ERDs, DFDs, Use Cases)
- Repository-Based Modelling tools (e.g. ARIS)
- Business Change Life Cycle
- System Development Life Cycle (Waterfall, Agile)
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management
- ACORD Framework, SOA, TOGAF, ARCHIMATE
- Diversity training (preferred)
Advantageous Experience & Skills:
- PASA Certificate in Foundational Payments
- Visa / MasterCard Certifications
- Honours / Masters / MBA
- Experience with Finastra Global PAYPlus is a plus
- Problem solving: Proficiency in structured problem solving. Conduct specific investigations. Analysing and solving business problems. Ability to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Scope and develop business solutions.
- Decision making: Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action. Makes rational, realistic and sound decisions based on consideration of all the facts and alternatives available. Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- General business acumen: Understand business strategy. Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value. Identify and document key business drivers and key role players. Assessment of internal control structures. Undertaking business process analysis initiatives for cost and efficiency reasons. Can assess and maximise business opportunities.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills preferred. Can easily articulate and document from concept to detail.
- Quality: Commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Ability to meet critical deadlines and adhere to defined quality standards.
- Professionalism: Strong organisational and time management skills. Ability to work with direction but without direct supervision. Flexible and adapts to change easily. Ability to work with internal and external clients with a high level of professionalism. Ability to work within a team environment. Commitment to integrity, authenticity and organisational values. Strong personality that consistently brings out the best in people in a clear, non-confrontational manner, backed by a solid understanding of the myriad technology enablers that can assist the business.
- Team leadership: Responsible for a team of Analysts. Performance evaluation and KPI setting.
- Presales and proposals. Bid Management.
- Software implementation, support, or training experience. Able to work with software in various stages of development.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
IQbusiness is committed to sustainable growth and transformation, we embrace diversity and employ previously disadvantaged individuals.
2 people have applied for this job. 286 people have viewed this job.
IQbusiness has also given me the opportunity to be involved in exciting initiatives such as B-Corp and the Women’s Chapter Network which allows me to find meaning in my work. Working under good leadership and a supportive team at IQbusiness really makes me enjoy coming to work every day.
RAS – Senior Associate – Sustainability